Starting from scratch

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookster

Reaction score
Hello one and all...

Embarking on my first experience of keeping reptiles very soon with a young Beardie ... in the process of building a viv for the new addition to my pet family.

Had some great advice so far and huge amounts of research has been done to make this step as painless as possible.... for the Dragon, not me :)

If you have any important info you think a new keeper should know, (no matter how obvious you think it may be) please put your 2 cents in... I am here to learn.

The most important thing is a UVB light,Please use one. And calcium powder.

The most important thing is a UVB light,Please use one. And calcium powder.

Check... Have UVB Reptisun Fluro set up Thanks Dodgie... plus heat bulb over basking area... still adjusting and checking intensity for 39-42C ... nearly there.. other end of viv is sitting stable at 28C.

Good man you have done your research....you deserve a beer or two.:)

Welcome to the fun factory :D Beardies are great critters. It is terrific that you are taking the time to research your soon to be new addition before you actually get it. A lot of new hobbyists tend to put the cart before the horse ;)

Something rarely mentioned - uvbs go inside the tank not ontop of glass and should be replaced every 6mths.
"The reptile doctor" is a great page on fb for looking at interesting reptile cases. And he has recently done a post about keeping bearded dragons together.
And always look into your local reptile vets before hand so you know where to go in an emergency

Something rarely mentioned - uvbs go inside the tank not ontop of glass and should be replaced every 6mths.
"The reptile doctor" is a great page on fb for looking at interesting reptile cases. And he has recently done a post about keeping bearded dragons together.
And always look into your local reptile vets before hand so you know where to go in an emergency

Thanks k_p ... appreciate the heads up, especially the Rep vet info.... I have a solid top on my viv and the UVB light sits under that.. :)

UVB is important but you just can't beat that massive yellow ball in the sky. Give your beardie plenty of natural. It's free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back