Starving land mullet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh that's so awful Fuscus. I wouldn't have been able to help myself but catch and give it a good feed. My two are fat buggers. That's so sad.

Simone.

Its a shame fuscus probably full of parisites,ive found a lot of common and blotched blueies like that they mostly had resriratory problems one i took home and watched in the backyard snuffed it from phnuemonia the next day. :(

Its spine is quite visible, is this what your referring to mark.? is that generally how lizards appear as they get worse? a good educational pic! did it recover for you, or you let nature take it course?

Pfft???? ok, it wasnt an accusation, just a question. :wink:

Its spine is quite visible, is this what your referring to mark.? is that generally how lizards appear as they get worse?

It is how they look when they are undernourished Dan, you can normally see their hip bones first and as they get worse, their spine etc. Without immediate help they will probably die of starvation or be eaten by other predators as fuscus mentioned (RBBs).

Unfortunately this is how nature works - survival of the fittest.

Thanks , thats what I meant, emaciated. sad but as you say, nature. :wink:

I go with Oldfella, parasite overload and they just cant put on any weight. Eventually their immune system cant cope anymore and they die of secondary diseases.

Pfft???? ok, it wasnt an accusation, just a question.
It wasn't a defence, just an explaination :)
I wonder if I could have legally rescued it, it was in QLD but in Lamington NP.
Its a shame fuscus probably full of parisites,ive found a lot of common and blotched blueies like that they mostly had resriratory problems one i took home and watched in the backyard snuffed it from phnuemonia the next day.
I agree, the emaciated look was proberly a sympton, not the base problem

I'll be hung for this comment but screw nature! I'd be grabbing that mullet and seeing if i could help it. Who's to say it wasn't infected with something that wasn't natural in the first place. I love these guys that much i know i wouldnt be able to help myself.

Simone.

These people who reckon that they are better left in the wild!!!!
Ours are in an outside pit and they are fat and healthy and have plenty of room to run around in.

Sorry Mark, mustve been Chez's translation! Its your fault Chez! :p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back