stimmie pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Westaussie is it unusual for southern stimmies to have such light colours? Most southern stimmies i've seen had very dark brown blotches. Very nice snake!!

no jonothan that is not unusual at all. I have seen hundreds or more of stimsons from all over this state and I find that the southern form is the best coloured of all (in my opinion). but each to his own.
how many southern form have you seen? and are they truly southern W.A ?

Here is a pic of the two contrasting colour forms of the southern stimsons.
The lighter or redder form seem to be as common as the darker form in my experience.

I haven't seen too many in the wild although i've seen a fair few in captivity. Although i've read that the lighter coloured stimmies are usually from sandy areas and the darker are usually from rocky areas, is that true? God the stimmies in your pics are beautiful!

No jonathon - I have not found that connection with the southern form at all. and I have found a loy of discrepensies in so-called captive W.A forms. I have seen a lot of wild ones and I am pretty confident in identifying southern forms from sight.

love those W.A colour forms. Here's my stimmie, not as boldly marked but still nice colouring.

WOW!!! I LOVE the Southern WA Stimmies,When can you send some across my way (nsw)!!!

re stimmie

Dog ugly the south WA stimmies hey! :lol:

Here are some WA Stimmies mixed bag - Recognise any Westaussie? I couldn't decide which one I like the best.

Sten

I saw a pic on this forum of a Broome Stimi and that looked pretty cool. Alot different to these WA ones.

Here are my two stimmies (one escaped in January never to be found) the darker one is from Geraldton and the lighter one is from Broome-

2004_1222python40006.JPG

2005_0517snakey0001.JPG

The top one looks like a southern form to me.
Geraldton animals tend to be a little more dull from my experience,
and that is a nicely marked stimsons.
That is just my opinion from seeing the one photo.

There is a supplier of stimsons in geraldton and I think
you will find that anything that comes from him is called a Gero stimmie.
no matter where the original loctation of the animal was.
I would be wary of anything that was called a geraldton stimson.

just had the southwest qld stimmie drop 10 eggs, all fertile no slugs. Her first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back