Stolen reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chips

Reaction score
ATTENTION:

to any one in the penrith, st marys, mt druitt area. last nyt my garage was broken into and as a result one of my snakes and all of my lizards were stolen. these include, pygmy bearded dragon, 2x central netted dragons, 2x northern spiney tailed geckos and a gorgeous central carpet python yearling. if you hear of any1 selling these reptiles please just get a name/s. i will do the rest. cheers.​

Hi Chips, sorry to hear your garage was broken into and some your Reptiles were stolen, hope you get them all back ASAP and they are all still in the same condition as they were before being taken good luck

be prepared

sorry to here your loss mate, scum of this earth , animal thief's are among the worse.....we have to be prepared for them. they will do it again this wont be the last time. next time it could be any of us, need a good deterrent and security.

That sucks bigtime :(
What a lowlife :(
Good luck in getting them back - I'm constantly browsing different websites; so I'll keep a watch out.

agreed.. thieves are the scum of the earth..
sorry to hear this chips and hope you get them back and find out who this scum is..

Its probably someone who knows you and has been around to your place to see the reptiles or someone that one of these people has mentioned it to..
thats where I'd start to try and figure out who is responsible..

Theres alot of dodgy people around our area. I'll ask around and find out what new stuff has popped up for sale around here, I'll let you know if I beleave there's a chance they could be yours.

Its probably someone who knows you and has been around to your place to see the reptiles or someone that one of these people has mentioned it to..
thats where I'd start to try and figure out who is responsible..

It's sad but it definitely seems to happen that way alot. This is why I keep it to a minimum of who know what I have and where. Unfortunately people can't keep their mouths closed and end up telling scum bags, not knowing the risk of talking about them.

It sucks but it is surprisingly easy to break into a garage. Maybe try and up the security if you can eg crossbow on a trip line.

It is never easy to have your house broken into and even harder when they steel things that you are fond of like our pets. I'm truly sorry to hear this has happened to you and I hope you find the person responsible.
What kind of person steals someones animals... Hope you find who did this!
Lots, more than you would think it is common in any hobby involving animals from chickens to fish. It's normally someone involved in the industry/hobby as they are the people that know the value of your animals. The only exception to this I would think is snakes as they have that wow factor but this does not explain the lizards so I would say it is someone known to Chips either way low life just the same.

Good luck in finding your pets

It's sad but it definitely seems to happen that way alot. This is why I keep it to a minimum of who know what I have and where. Unfortunately people can't keep their mouths closed and end up telling scum bags, not knowing the risk of talking about them.

yes mate and sometimes people you thought were ok turn out to be exactly the opposite..
thats why I have a nobody comes around to my place policy.. for security reasons as well as quarantine issues..

One way to secure the "tilt-a-door" type doors is to drill a hole in the bottom flat bit and a corresponding hole in the concrete. A screwdriver or small bolt through the door and into the hole in the concrete will secure the door.

Yes, can be a bit of a problem if you are also using part of your garage to park a car.

Betting it was someone who you have met or who has been to your home.

They would have had to have known the reptlles were in there.

I'd be calling around all local pet shops (don't rely on the cops to do this for you, they'll not do anything for several weeks and the reptiles will be long gone or dead by then). Might have been stolen on consignment to meet an order.

Hope you had the reptiles covered by your home and contents insurance or pet insurance at least that we you'll funds to replace them, not as good as replacing reptiles that you've developed a relationship with but better than nothing.

Toe-rags like that need to be dealt with harshly.

Not the same but I know how you feel, some toe-rag broke into my garage and helped himself to most of fishing rods and reels, and some of tackle boxes full of squid jigs and soft plastics, my gaffs and my telescopic (12') landing net and my nigger rod and reel, my 18V drill, my router and a set of router bits I got from my granddad's estate about a month before Xmas last year. I was disturbed from my sleep when they dropped my nigger rod and reel from the hooks under the rafters onto the concrete floor. I lost about $3000 worth of fishing gear and $2000 with of tools.
Took months to settle witn the insurance company - I was lucky I had photos showing my fishing gear (in the background (the rods and reels) and I had receipts for the stolen tools and serial numbers. (Pays to keep reciepts long after the warantees are finished and long after the tax work-expenses claim was lodged).
I was so angry and upset , especially about having my fishing gear knicked just at the start of the summer fishing season , I'm still a bit paranoid after the event. They deprived me of something I love doing for several months while I was waiting for the insurance company pay up or replace my stuff. I was not a happy camper !!!

I hope your pets are found and returned to you none the worse for the experience but I don't hold out much hope of that. How would you prove the stolen reptiles are your's (unless they like you enough to come to you when placed near you) ? or maybe by their markings on their bodies from photos of them - I hope you have lots of photos of the reptiles and gave the cops some photos to use .

Makes you wonder if surgically inserting electronic pet tags in lizards and snakes might be worth doing (if it can be done in such a way that it has no ill-effects on the reptiles concerned) ?

Last edited:
sorry to hear.
i had the same happen to me and although i didnt lose as much as you it was horrible all the same.
good luck to you and hopefully the scum will get what they deserve

man that sucks, big time. Do pawn shops take reptiles? Im guessing they will try and trade for crack?

man that sucks, big time. Do pawn shops take reptiles? Im guessing they will try and trade for crack?[/QUOTE

Im not aware of any pawn shops who take animals.......im not sure they would be even be aloud. But the 'crack' comment........are you serious? They may have also just been stolen cause someone liked them & thought it was their right to have them!

For the OP........that is terrible, & as everyone else has said, whoever stole your pets is scum! I really hope you get them back safe & sound!

man that sucks, big time. Do pawn shops take reptiles? Im guessing they will try and trade for crack?[/QUOTE

Im not aware of any pawn shops who take animals.......im not sure they would be even be aloud. But the 'crack' comment........are you serious? They may have also just been stolen cause someone liked them & thought it was their right to have them!

For the OP........that is terrible, & as everyone else has said, whoever stole your pets is scum! I really hope you get them back safe & sound!

Ur saying it's not feasible that junkies would steal reptiles and sell for drugs?

Ur saying it's not feasible that junkies would steal reptiles and sell for drugs?

No not at all, im sure it does happen, but there are also plenty of other reasons people steal things! & anyway, i guess it isnt all that important why, whats important is that they are hopefully returned to the rightful owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back