stuborn stimmie!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

craigc

Not so new Member
Reaction score
well i have owned my stimson for 3 months now, she has shed once since i bought her (only 6months old). But she still won't eat for me. She has eaten twice since i bought her, both times when i have taken her back to the breeder that i bought her off. He said that he puts her in a small container with a pinkie and sits them under a heat lamp set at 30.c. and the pinkie is gone in half an hour. I do this every time that i feed her (temp 30.c - 35.c) leave her in the container over night (with water) but she never eats.

I have also tried using live pinkies (mice & rats), rolling a thawed pinkie in mice or rat hair but nothing works.

If i don't keep taking her back to the breeder to feed her i'm scared that she will starve herself, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??????????

Hi Craig,
A couple of points to check,
What is the average temp. you keep her at normally?
Have you only tried the method of feeding you described?
I leave them in their normal tank and feed them the mice from tweezers.
Cheers
Ad

Maybe the breeder ain't feeding her either or are you there when she feeds? If your not i would tell him you want to be there when he next feeds her.

Have you tried rubbing skink smell on a pinkie? Most small pythons feed on heavily on skinks as babies and this often gets them going.

My bredli hasnt eaten yet since i bought her.
So what i am doing is gradually pulling temps to 36 c, getting her wormed then trying again.
Then if that doesnt work i will try live, if nothing still happens im consulting the previous owner.

noOne- the breeder takes her to his house to feed her (i haven't seen him feed her) when i pick her up the next day she has a bulge in her stomach. as for the skink smell, i haven't been able to catch one yet.

ad - the temp that i keep her at is 30-35 during the day, at night it drops to 26.c. I have tried holding a pinkie by the tail and puting it in front of her but she always goes and hides.

sit and watch ya front garden in the morning sun catch heaps of skinks and freeze em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back