Substrate opinions (C if ya change me mind)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also use Coco-Peat for my snakes its cheap as chips ( 2bucks for a brick at bunnings ) and 1 bring covers a massive area id say 2bricks would cover your cage with a pretty decent thinkness

I also use coco-peat think it's great and if you feel it's getting a little dusty the a light mist fixes that problem with $2 spray bottle

I use breeders choice for my beardies and they seem to thrive in it. doesn't dirty water bowls to much till you get to it and eats smell like a champ.. snakes are all still in tubs so it newspaper for them but i have been told some sand and metal places do a copy of reptibark but at 1 quater of the cost? i dont use this, i used to use repti bark for my ewd because it holds great humidity but now im using coco peat bricks and they seem to love it..

i also use fake grass! very easy to clean i have spare pieces that i put in when i take the soiled one out to clean and dry!

Is the coco peat free from insects etc cause may try it on me stimis for a while

OZIMID- the brunnings one is washed and compressed when you get it...

i use marine carpeting, the green looks somewhat like grass and i put it in the washing machine once a week. never have to spend more money on it again.

Call me cheap but...I use newspaper! :lol:
With as much as mine poop it's nice just to be able to do a quick scoop out of dirty paper some days. The little coastal will take every opportunity or crack to try and escape (and she's darn quick!) so it's important I can get in and out when dealing with her sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back