Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood_nymph

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
this isn't wood_nymph this is her husband adrian juts using her aco**** to get ideas from you guys since i know nothing about herps other then she lets me hold them when she has them out. some of you guys might have noticed her thread on losing her gecko last night. anyway she's really upset over it but i don't think we'll find him so to cheer her up i want to get her something else to go in his enclosure, every time she sees it empty i can see it upsets her more.
i don't think she would like another marbled velvet gecko cause it would be like replacing him. it's a 2ft square enclosure so whatelse could i put in there? we've alreday got a beadie and bluey which she loves cause they're freindly. is there anything else that could go in there that's freindly, maybe not another gecko but i don't know. i think she might be interested in a snake, not sure through she keeps those things to herself until she comes home with one :p.
the other option is i could replace the two little enclosures on top of the unit with a 4ft X 2ft X 2ft a freind of mine could make. even if i can't get something right now i could plan it all and set it up for her, she'd love that.
sounds silly trying to plan a surprise using the persons account but she's in study mode at the moment so i think i can keep her from noticing this thread.

he that's the sweetest thing...i've got no advice sorry just had to say sweet

Not trying to be rude ....did it pass on or get out...........?

if it got out get another of opposite sex just in case it is around & you find it!....
my son lost his gecko for 3wks..it as living on the window pain ..catching flys...we thought it was a goner!

i just checked her posts and he escaped.

so Dragon Ladys suggestion sounds like a good one,.... :)

I would spend more time searching for it. It still could be somewhere nearby.

I think Dragonlady's idea is a good one- who knows- if the escaped one was a male and you bought a female, the lost male might just find his way back home by his own devices ;)

thanks guys i realise it might come back, althoug a nearby unscreened window was left open that night and that's gotta be tempting for a gecko. i'm not giving up and i'm not going to turn around and throw away her equipment for it just in case, i'm not a complete fool. basically there was always a spare spot in the unit anyway (unit has two long 4ft encolsure on bottom two levels and the top level is split into two 2ft square tanks) so if i find something she would like for a 2ft enclosure then no worries if we do find him. at the moment through she won't leave the house without checking through her shoes, bag and jecket in case he's in there.
thanks for the input but some suggestions might be nice as well

maybe a small python like a spotted or childrens python. she did mention that she'd like a python when i was round the other week(i bought the little netted dragon). but i'd wait a bit just in case the gecko shows up.

can't type long.......... i think she's watching lol.
would a python fit in a 2ft square tank? like i said and you would have seen there is one spare even if he comes back everytime i hear her talk to people with pythons she always swoons over them so i wouldn't be surprised if she would love one than again she loves any animal lol

Get her a Stimsons Python - will live in a 2ft x 2ft no problems - might need some weather proofing on the sliding doors until it is about 1yr old though to keep it in...

cool, i think i'll gather some info and give it some time and think of a way to suss out whether she'll be confident keeping/handeling one, she's only had geckos and lizards up to ths point.

any other suggestions on species to research for her, so far we'be got
stimsons pythons from Alsan
spotted python from Fennwick
childrens python also from Femmwick

so all these species can live in a two footer forever? wow i always thought they needed huge enclosures, shows what i know hey

hope so spent the day carefully pulling the aprtment apart just to be sure but no luck but you never know he might come back one day. didn;t meantion it to her but due to roaches loving our building we've had to use like a lot of roach spray around the place so if he s here i hope he doesn;t catch anything.

Just a suggestion.. if you don't want your wife to find this thread in a hurry... you might want to delete it from her subscription list;)

Have you thought about a Central Netted Dragon.. they are soooo cute!!
My personal choice would be a Bredli Python.. but they can't stay in a 2" for ever sorry.

Good luck .. you're a sweety!!

hope so spent the day carefully pulling the aprtment apart just to be sure but no luck but you never know he might come back one day. didn;t meantion it to her but due to roaches loving our building we've had to use like a lot of roach spray around the place so if he s here i hope he doesn;t catch anything.
If he is there somewhere still he will most likely catch some food, hopefully he has either completely escaped or is found really soon.

thanks Wrangler personly ithink he's definately escaped and if he is here there's just too many places he would wedge himself and never come out (i remember he's good at that). no chance of her finding it now she's made me block to ner on her computer s she can't distract herself from study :p, she's a bit stressed.

so no more ideas? i looked at snake care stuff last night and some setups, from what i've seen most are taller then they are long, do all pythons require this? i also saw an closeure with like a peg board divide in it with a oopening in it so te snake could go through making a well defined hot side and coo side, so any of the suggested small pythons like this kinds of long setup? cause when one eventually gets big enough i could cut a hole in the wall dividing the two 2 foot square tanks effectively making a 4fft X 2ft X2ft.

Knobtails make great little pets,.. be warned though, you will end up with more than one!!,.
I have a male for sale if you are interested :)

Cheers Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back