Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KatanaRamirez

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m looking for suggestions on what I could house in a 175cm/50cm/60cm enclosure once I sell my BHP who is the current occupant.

The reason I’m asking for suggestions is because I’m looking for something that I can keep in a colony in an enclosure of this size and so far I’ve been hearing too big for geckos and beardies aren’t meant to be kept in colonies but I was thinking maybe there were a few exceptions to the rule perhaps a particular type of beardie that gets along well in colonies or a gecko that’s not going to get lost in there?

Any help/suggestions appreciated. Also would prefer reptilian suggestions although I have been considering things like frogs and hoping mice too but would rather a reptile colony.

Thanks J

get a few pygmy bearded dragons, they should be fine. get 2 fems and a male.

skinks.. shinglebacks? blueys? land mullets?

jacky dragons?

Pygmy beardies, if you offer mutliple basking spots, a bunch of branches etc... if they get dominant/submissive put a divider in. a divided enclosures 3x1.5 is too small for centrals, but pygmy's can with a divider.

It's 175cm/6ft long, I can't divide it into sections or at least it would be very difficult to and I don't really want to. Not really to keen on skinks.
This is the enclosure/tank when I had fish in it.
06082008717-1.jpg

I don't want to keep more than one snake in the enclosure as from what I've researched (here and elsewhere) they don't like to be kept in groups and are solitary animals. Also heard that the beardies peffer solitary life but I like the look of the netted dragons (ctenophorus nuchalis) if they can be housed safely and comfortably in one enclosure.
If anyone has any experience with them I'd like to find out a bit more about them.

central netted dragons 'can' although bullying males or even females should be seperated. it is possible, but you need to have a keen eye to look for signs of domination/submission.

99%+ of reptiles are solitary. this includes snakes, lizards, gecko's and skinks.

on the main page, look down the side (or even the banners at the top of the screen) look for central netted dragons. thats were i will be getting mine :D

Hosmer skinks, either buy a pair and start from scratch or get a group from someone downsizing. They are happy in their familiy groups. Could be a nice setup for them.

Maree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back