Surprice had his first sponge wash.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

Yesterday was bit hot and i decided to give surprice wash to comfort him. After bit of straggle i took him out of cage. He was not handled much and previous owner because of amount of reptiles he have could not pay to much attention to him. Only time he come in contact with man was due to feeding time. That is reason that he is so hard to handle when i like to take him out. He think that i am lunch. But when he is out from the cage around my shoulders , he is darling. He enjoyed sponge bad so much, and hold on me when i tried to put him back to cage. don't tell me that snakes don,t have feelings, i will not belive it.

Oh Slatey, you are SUCH a sweety. I can't believe you gave Surprise a sponge bath! What a doting father you are.

He is one lucky Olive.

Mel x

Thank you Mel. By the way looks like your photo is the winner. I voted for you my pretty girl with no hesitation.
To Roadkill 5000 Surprice is 2 year old olive python kindly given to me by this community members. When my snake was stolen, Nicole organised collection and members put together $610 to buy for me this snake. I will love him specially because he came to my ownership that way. I was so surprised, that i gave to him name Surprise.

Funny you mention the part about the tussle in regard to going back into the enclosure, as ive been thinking about this for awhile.
My yearling costal always anchors her tail to a branch until she knows she's safe and not going any place bad.

BUT..... try to get her back in there is another story, She goes bat$hit, darting in any direction but the tank entrance , in fact when she was smaller, I thought she was in the tank but she had looped up and got through the hinge gap where the door and screen top meet, the gap is only accessable when the door is open and i didnt notice her head was through it and just by shear luck did I not mash her sweet little head in the door when i closed it, took a good 20 min's to get her out of the gap but, all the time holding the door open at an angle that made the gap as big as possible.
Back to the topic at hand, is it an across the board thing that pythons are'nt keen to go back home after a taste of freedom or is it just my nutty lil gal. :roll: :wink:

BTW, Glad your familys new edition is settling in well, I must confess I wasnt able to contribute at the time, that awsome work was done by Nic and Co, 3 guys (now charged, more to come as my bike was ripped off to order) stole my Bike that same week you lost you baby, and now the cops tell me that due to their socioeconomic station in this life, im unlikely to get a cent out of them and shouldnt even waste the time and money bothering.
Just goes to show even If you get a win you still lose, but I figure, like my old man says "Ya over 21 ya got no excuse", and hell, as I learned at a young age (thank god)...."There is always more than one way of paying you dues", so every morning I make myself a coffee and quietly sit down to read APS forums and the court notices :twisted:
OZ
[email protected]

OZ i think that you can kiss your bike goodbye. It is sad. :(

Damned shame about your bike Oz...

Yes, I would have to agree, my 4 girls never want to go back inside, unless they have just eaten. They will do like you described, dart their head in any direction except the opening to the enclosure.

..anyone hazzard a guess as to why?

Might have something to do with that mongoose you keep in there Niccy babe :)
Seriously though, the first time my adult male Coastal did this he nearly wrenched himself out of my hands! He went absolutely ballistic, I am ready for it every time now but he doesn't do it much at all, normally once you get his head back in he just glides in of his own accord, (yes, he drives a Honda).

Same, once the head is in, the girls just glide into there houses on their own. No deffensive behaviour while they resist going in though, just want to go somewhere else, even Clarice (the fiesty one).

BTW, I think she (Clarice) might be going to shed...

Intresting, Monty does this too when I put him back, I think a taste of freedom dose it! lol sometimes though he anchors with his tail and just wont come out! my word big coastals are strong! :shock:

Watso Surprice is now much friendlier. Since he is husband now he have to behave. I was handling him more, but after cooling he will be mabe trouble again. Female bit hin on neck and mabe he will realise how painful that is and he leve me along.

lol, sounds like a nice snakey slateman, pic nice too, hes an olive yes?

Yes he is Olive Python given to me by some of the people from this site after my Georgina was stolen. Thank you again to all who donated, he is reminding me that it is lot of bad people arownd but much more good friends.

it was a diamond that was stolen wasnt it slatey what ever happend did ya catch the thieves?? i hope so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back