Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi again guys,

Anyone been yet? Im am headed in there today at some stage (there open till 10!) So if anyone wants to meet me there pm me in the next half hour. They have Molochs!!

Steve

i can't make it in tonight but make sure you let us know what its like (and post piccies if you take some)
Let me know what it would be like with kids (5-12yr olds), i work at a child care centre and we're looking at taking them there during the xmas hols

Well....

No one came with me but thats ok, to be honest I was a little dissapointed..

1. Its $28 to get in and you can walk through it in 30mins if your not taking 4 million photos like me.. You can team up the aquarium as well though for $36.

I am a student so got both of them for $22 which was great.

The enclosures are spectacular, but, this has its bad points as you can't really see the animals! They so have Boyds, in a spectacular enclosure but its so hard to find them, then when you do, there up the back on a branch.

The frilly there is a Juvenile in an enclosure the size of a house lol. It sat behind a tree branch all day I think 99% of people didnt even see it..

The perentie enclosure is amazing with two in there, they seemed happy to walk around.

The Thorny Devil was the only reason I wanted to go and was glad I did, those guys are incredible! Very active it was too!

Anyway, its still worth a visit with other sections of creepy crawlies, outback, nocturnal areas etc. But $28 is about twice as much as it should be..

Pics to follw soon!

Well here are some enclosure shots anyway.

Last edited:
wow theyre some great shots! the enclosures look awsome! thanks for posting the pics!

Its good to hear that the enclosures are so good that you cannot see the animals so well sometimes, makes me think that this place may be more interested in conservation than their value as a tourist location, those are some great pics by the way

I saw the thorny devils at alice springs reptile park. they had probably two dozen or more.

They placed those red lava rocks out side with honey on them, to catch the ants it was great to see.

I was the only one in there and the lady was cleaning the tank, so i was lucky enough to hold one.

They're so small compaired to what they look like in pictures.

they are great pics, but for $28 you would want to see a lot more, thats nearly the cost of the zoo! combine with aquarium, not so bad. Thanks for letting us know because I was thinking to have a look, but not for that price.

But if you were to find out that say half that ticket was to go to conservation of the animals that are in the enclosures would people feel as bad about paying that admission?

weres this at, i moved from sydney a few months ago and ive never heard of this, looks awesum though

I for one think it a fairly reasonable price considering the fact that they are dedicated to research and conservation, think about the price you pay to go see a 2 hour long movie at the cinema, more than half the price of admission to the Sydney Wildlife World, you dont get to see anything living, and the money goes straight to the pockets of greedy executives.

Nice pics pugs! I would of gone with ya! But i was at school:( I am looking forward to going soon.

PS. Do you know how they feed the molochs there??

Cheers

What's the big deal about molochs? I'm from WA and they're common as over there. Not difficult to keep either as long as you've got small ants able to run in lines. All you do is put them in a canary cage (without a bottom), over a line of ants and leave them to it. You can't substitute food though, they won't eat anything else.

Jamie.

photos look great, was there many displays? how many do you think they are. im not interested in paying that much if there is only 10-15 things to look at. either way those set-ups look fantastic.

In the reptile section there is Bredli, Jungles, Red Belly, Mulga, Adders, Tiger, Browns, Inlands, Boyds, Shingles, Central Blue Tongue, Western Blueys, Taunicada, Perenties, Short Tail Monitor (which looked dead..) Woma, Levis.. I think thats about it.

Holy Moly!! they have got to be some of the nicest looking displays in the country. It would be interesting to see who did the contract work for designing/ setting up those enclosures.

Any more pics pugs? Thanks for posting them by the way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back