Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickson

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Visited Wildlife World at Darling Harbour yesterday afternoon. Never been before, was surprised at how much they had crammed into it, and the fact the enclosures all seemed quite large (for the most part).

Some pics.

Mulga, Broadhead, Tiger, Tiger, Inland Taipan

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 72
Juvenile Perenties, adult male Perentie scratching an itch on the rocks, fluffy food item, Night Tiger at night, juvenile Perentie closup.

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 53
A few non-herps:

White-faced Heron
Cassowary
Yellow-footed Rock Wallaby
Y-F Rock wallaby that has ventured into a wombat burrow to stuff it's face while wombat is sleeping
Cape Barren Geese - native to Tasmania and Bass Strait Islands, but displayed in a Central Australian desert environment (for some reason)

Attachments

• 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 48
  • 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 68
And some inverts:

Bull ant nest (with eggs)
Rhinoceros Beetle with egg mass
Male Cairns Birdwing butterfly

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 120.jpg
    120.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 60
Awesomeness :D nice elapid and perentie pics, good to see you using the correct common name for Phascolarctos cinereus too :lol:

Beautiful collection of photos there Hixy :D Love the perentie - we have one at Billabong, he is such a sook.

great photos, but did you see any olive pythons they had? I sold them my pair at the start of the year.

great photos, but did you see any olive pythons they had? I sold them my pair at the start of the year.
It may be the one we saw when we went at the beginning of June. ;) Check it out in this photo. I have also included a few more of the many we took while there. :)

Attachments

• sww.jpg
    sww.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 114
  • sww2.jpg
    sww2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 77
  • sww3.jpg
    sww3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 82
  • sww4.jpg
    sww4.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 89
Juvenile Perenties, adult male Perentie scratching an itch on the rocks, fluffy food item, Night Tiger at night, juvenile Perentie closup.

I love Perenties... particularly the baby ones.

When Trader and I were there was only the one solitary adult on display.

I went there on Sunday. It was awsome, and the perenties were mating! I will post some photos next week. We did see an olive python when they did a demonstration on the rooftop. One of the staff said that they had over $220,000 worth of snakes that weren't on display?

re Sydney

Wheres Darling Harbour,i onley go east as far as parramatta,they should have built it at Mtt Druitt cause its the wild life capitol of NSW. :)

cool, i'm thinking about geting a season pass cos i work just up the street and sometimes have time off in between shifts. does anyone know how much it costs? i didn't know what herps they have, but now i'm definately gonna go often.

they had a few games of leap frog...

IMGP0051.jpg

IMGP0004.jpg

taking photo's through glass is a mission..
IMGP0017-1.jpg

and the pile of scrubbies creeped me out.
IMGP0014.jpg

when i went there were two adult perenti, one with a nipped tail. and these two little juvies..
IMGP0035.jpg

theres news of new hatchlings, so these may be on display... ???

Kirby,

There were four juvie perenties on display. The adult missing the tip of it's tail is the male - I saw him following the female and it looked like they were about to do the deed when he got distracted by an itch and allowed the female to wander off. Then they both went to sleep.

And yes, photographing through the glass is a mission, especially when there's a double layer of glass, all the glass is curved so you can't avoid the reflection, or it's just dirty.

Didn't see the Olives on display. But I've been told that there is just as many herps off display as there is on display.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

:p

HIx

Zulu: Mt Druitt is the wild life capitol of NSW, but that has nothing to do with animals.

Cool pics Hix :)

Ben and I went for our anniversary last week :) Lots of fun. Absolutly adore the butterfly room!

Bit disappointed that we couldn't get any closer to any of them, but I guess that goes with the reptile territory!! Very I'mpressed to find a friend of mine works there, doing the reptile shows!!

All in all though, a good day out... though now I have a request for a central netted dragon... and a butterfly room!! haha...

Yeah, those central netteds were hilarious. They made me want some too :)

They're just so damn cute and tiny and so alert... I swear one of them was trying to talk to me! haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back