Taiming the Lace Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Taiming the Lace Monitor

I will probably be corrected on this but I would say approx 4 - 5 years. I would probably put then out site ofter 2, yet depending on size. I have a 6 x 2 x 3 available for him inside, then it's into the pit (yet to be made)

Re: RE: Re: RE: Taiming the Lace Monitor

Glimmerman said:
I will probably be corrected on this but I would say approx 4 - 5 years. I would probably put then out site ofter 2, yet depending on size. I have a 6 x 2 x 3 available for him inside, then it's into the pit (yet to be made)

I did ask for a rough idea on size,so if thats your rough idea you cant be corrected and I apreciate your help.

Re: RE: Taiming the Lace Monitor

Reptile_king said:
well it cant be inpossable

Sorry reptile king but what cant be imposible?

Ithink that it depends also on the inividual animal, I have a laccie wich I got off of glimmerman and he is the most placid little thing (even though he is nearly 2ft long at 7mnths approx) has never ever hissed, bitten are defecated on me, he will happily eat from my fingers and wander round the house and allows me to scratch his back at pat him anytime anywhere.
Where as I also have a sydney blue phase of the same age which is highly aggresive, it will not let me within 6ft of it and will leap up to try and bite my fingers and readily crap all over me, it will tail whip and scratch as soon as I am within reach, she actually stalks my hand as soon as I open the enclosure!
I think luck of the draw could play a fairly large part in taming laccies

So I am assuming the same rules aply when it comes to feeding them to be the same as pythons.That its better to not feed them in there enclosure,Is that right?

freerider said:
I think luck of the draw could play a fairly large part in taming laccies

I THINK I gave you the wrong one. LMAO :lol:

Good to see its doin well. Mine not far off in size either. Man can it eat.

Lurk said:
So I am assuming the same rules aply when it comes to feeding them to be the same as pythons.That its better to not feed them in there enclosure,Is that right?

I wouldn't say that directly.
IMO the thing is with snakes is that you tong feed thawed prey to your python (I do any way), the python assosiates this with an extension of your arm, hence if you do this over time without getting the snake out you are re-enforcing this action that every time you open the enclosure, they are going to get fed.

My laccy and other monitors, I place live crix and roaches or roo meat into the enclosure for them to eat at their leasure (usually straight away). Therefore I would think that there is a difference in relation to association by food.

I hope this clearifies your query

Yes and thank you for everyones help but I have made the dissision not to get one at this point in time as I do not want a pet that I will have to kick out of the house eventually.I think ill just leave it as a future dream :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back