Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah take them outside...they love the grass!! soon as i put my darwins or jungles on the lawn the go the toilet :) saves me on cleaning an they love getting out lol!
same as everyone on here..watch them like a hawk...I find with mine they're pretty easy to predict once you get to know what your snakes are like! one darwin likes cruzin around on lawn n warms up in the sun the other looks for the highest thing to climb an once up higher feels safe an stops moving! They all climb the ***** out of the clothes line hahah up and down and back up again! lol

yeah they get to a routine to take a dump once outside. i don't think my woma defecates in the tub anymore. lol take her out 4 days after a feed and just wait for it. coz you always see their tail end get fatter. and that's my cue to get her out lol.

Yeah same with my coastals, they enjoy the fresh air and being outside but they freak out if you put the in the middle of the lawn and walk away, they head straight for ya usually.

i take mine out but am never more than 2-3 steps away and my g/f is out with me for an extra set of eye's/hands if they do make a "run" for it, but most of the time the come towards me as i think they dont really like being out in the open and i am the closest hideing spot.

Cannot wait for my jungle to get a little bigger so I can take her out for a climb. I might try get my woma in the routine of doing his buisness outside aswell sounds like a good idea

I put my 3 month jungle in the tree out he front and she just cruises around the branches. I don't watch her that much just peek out the window and check she is still there.

I put my 3 month jungle in the tree out he front and she just cruises around the branches. I don't watch her that much just peek out the window and check she is still there.
lol so you stay inside while your jungle stays outside and cruises around a tree? and you occasionally peek at it?

I put my larger costals in a tree out the front lawn i have trimmed to about 2 1/2 m high, after about an hour they seem a bit nervous so i reach up with a piece of broomstick and they crawl down to my arms to be put away. usually i sit a few m away with a coffee.

I often think, if I was a handy man, to build like a cocky/galah stand with more branches, with some sort of cage over the top. That way you could put them in that and walk away.

I often think, if I was a handy man, to build like a cocky/galah stand with more branches, with some sort of cage over the top. That way you could put them in that and walk away.

I was thinking along those lines the other day that way you could move it around or even use inside.

A 3 month old jungle is still a very small snake to be leaving outside unsupervised. My jungle is way to bitey to let on a tree I'd never get her back

We take our MD out for a play 3 days after a feed. He poos every time. Sure saves on cage cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back