Tarantulas.... do you own one?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaaTom

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting one and was wondering who here has one, what you like or dont like about them and id love to see piccies of them and your setups...

Saw some at ARP yesterday - they had them all identified as "good pets", "good handlers" or "very aggressive" etc. Very cool to see the different temperaments!

Not for me I'm afraid...

both mum and I want one.... they are so intriguing (sp?)

My friend used to have one, ive been wanting one, but im not quite sure if I could handle a big hairy spider :p
Ive found some pics of basic setups for you though.
Tarantula_Tank_Setup.jpg

Tarantula_Tank_Setup_2.jpg

terra%20setup.JPG

rhabitat.jpg

Heres a website that I found
http://www.freewebs.com/cardifftarantulas/

Enjoy! Hope you love your new pet!

the one in the 2nd last pic is awesome, look at that colouring

We now own 4 nebo babies & atm they are a bit hard to see cos they are so little. PM dreadrabbit or Hornet. I am pretty sure they have some. ( Mine came from dreadrabbit & I can recommend him!) Our setups are a bit bare atm so I'll spare you pics, lol.

I've got a few... just remember we can't legally keep exotics

I like their eventual size, good looks, feeding response... I don't like their poo... and some individuals don't come out much

Here's a pic of one of mine, a Selenotypus sp.5 adult female

034.jpg

My setups are pretty plain, just coco peat. But i'm trading for another sp. and i'm going to try using a hide for it, just to see if it comes out more...

cheers,
Jack

oooh..get a bird-eating spider!!!! they are sooo cool :D
i would love one but there is no chance i'd be allowed on in the house!!

We had bird eating spiders living on our block. I was always on the lookout for them but you think I ever got to see one?! 13 years I lived there and my dad would spot them but I was never around :( so unfair!

im definately going to have to look more into them... im just awestruck

i like that they live long, are easy to look after,require little space,and come in many types

ps:birdeaters are just australian tarantulas sold as "birdeaters" because the sellers aint got a clue what they are.
also not a good pet if you want to handle them...defantly not a smart idea...
s.townsville post moult
Picture217-1-1.jpg

I have a Sarina and an sp. 2 they are very interesting when they are out and about but spend alot of time hiding.

Are the Australian ones available in petshops venomous? what effect does it have on us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back