TC100 help thermostat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashieleelee

Reaction score
Can anyone please help with my TC100 thermostat? I was reading instructions and watching videos and followed instructions and still I have no idea what I did wrong. It's reading 21C. I set it to 30C with a divergence of 3 and have placed heating mat in between foam underneath the reptile tank and the tank itself because I was told it would heat up the bottom of the enclosure. The mat is placed in socket 1. Yet still bouncing 21C to 21.7c. What can I do to fix this? I don't want my childrens python to die. Help please!!!!

Ok. So, you have your enclosure on top, then foam, then your heat mat and then more foam?
How many watts is your heat may?
Where is the probe placed?

If its moving about it must be working at least.
Is the mat warm to touch?

As above, where is the probe? It should be in the enclosure measuring the temp in a specific area, not neccesarily above the mat. The mat area will obviously be warmer.

Get a seperate thermometer, (never rely on the temp that the thermostat says). Preferably an infra red non contact job, they cost like $30 if you shop around. So you can check the temperature in various areas of the enclosure. (Don't forget you do want a hot part and a cooler part so your snake can decide what temperature he wants to be.

I think I can confidently say your heat mat is not putting out enough heat. Even so, measure your temps with something else, if it's still low then there is nothing wrong with your thermostat, only a problem with your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back