Telemarketers dealing with us

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
to all those who have problems with telemarketers i would love to know who they are calling from if i was rude i would get the sack so fast my head would spin and I'm always polite no matter how much i wanna yell/ swear back and we aint allowed to hand up on ppl we have to wait for them to hang up then release the line (unless we getting sworn at well we still not meant to hang up but i wont sit there and listen to abuse)
i always thank people for their time the whole 30 seconds it takes me to get through my spiel lol
i also hate getting calls from India cause they don't have to follow our rules drives me freaking nuts and gives us Aussie telemarketers a bad name

i got my home fone disconnected cos i got so sick of them,...now they come knocking on my door. grrrr.

I am always polite to them, they are just trying to make a living, but once we had this one guy call back 7 times in the space of 3 hrs.
He was selling holiday vouchers and my husband told him we had purchsed these vouchers (from his company)before and when they arrived they were not what the person told us they were and we ended up throwing them away. So, no we dont want them.

My husband was on the phone for 20 mins saying no and finally hung up as we had to go out.
I got home an hour later and there was a message on our answering machine from him.
10 mins later the phone rings and its him again, telling me my husband was going to buy these vouchers (which was rubbish, i heard the original conversation)

I told him (politely) that as my husband told him earlier we were not interested.
He then asked why i didnt want it as it is such a good deal blah blah, blah.
I again repeated the story that my husband had already told him

He didnt get it, i hung up.......... he rang back......
After the 5th time we took the phone off the hook for 2 hours, figured he would get the message.
No he didnt. He called again. This time my husband got quite upset and told him to take our number off his list, he wouldnt, and kept trying to sell these vouchers to us.(like we are going to buy them now that he has annoyed the crap out of us)

My husband hung up and called the Australian branch of the company who were very apologetic and took our number off their list.
10 mins later the phone rings again............AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

To Sam the Indian... the most persistant telemarketer ever.

i like to talk over the top of them and tell them what bad day i have had, then tell them that my wife is ill and needs a special operation and so on.
they generally hang up.
or you let them go through their speal ask lots of questions and at the end tell them i am not interested.
cheers:)

we had this scary asian lady come to our door trying to get us into optus coz it was obviously way better than whatever we are on...evidently not optus, anyway my mum was like no thankyou and starts shutting the screen door, and she grabs the end and goes , "NO mam, you must listen to me, what is your deal now? what is it? we will better it? we have better deals!":shock:
balbbering on like practically shouting.
it was scary. i always look out the window or if i open the door i try to sound all little and go... my mums not home, and they usually run away for fear of paedaphila charges...;)

Sorry, I know they are just trying to earn a living, but when I have a bad day at work, and I finally get home and sit down to dinner, the last thing I want is a knock at my door by 2 Indian's who can barely speak English telling me that they are about to change my phone plan. It's rude!! Plain and simple!! I wish they'd put in place a law stopping people from trying to sell stuff door to door.

Another thing that annoys the hell out of me, is all these people setting up stalls at shopping centres selling stuff. I don't mind them being there just as long as they don't try and hijack me as I'm walking past. I go shopping to relax, not to be hassled by people trying to sell me stuff I don't want.

AGREED! I hate the damn people trying to get me to change power/telephone providers. I have just worked a long day, done me grocery shopping and am sitting down to a dinner that I just cooked when they knock. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!
The worst part is they dont go away when I say I'm not interested. I need to be outright rude/agressive to get them to bugger off!

On a side note we had some mormons drop past to sell me their crap, after being told I wasn't interested they smiled and said sorry for bothering you. The comparison to the salesmen is almost enough to make me LIKE mormons!!:shock:

On a side note we had some mormons drop past to sell me their crap, after being told I wasn't interested they smiled and said sorry for bothering you. The comparison to the salesmen is almost enough to make me LIKE mormons!!:shock:

You're right, i used to get annoyed by the mormon's but at least when you say "Sorry not interested" they are like "Ok no problem have a nice day". But i've had salesmen that wont take no for an answer, they keep going on and on in one case when once the door had been shut in their face they still kept going.

Phone wise it's mostly the same Indian's over and over trying to sell some crap like holidays, doorwise it's again indians for phone, energy, foxtel (Obviously the foxtel dish on the top of the house isn't enough indication we already have it) or computers.

My Daughter made a sign which is now by the door , we have not been annoyed since . It reads ; SALESMEN WILL BE SHOT , SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN .

Pftt....
as soon as i get a telemarketer phone call i simply just say have you ever heard the sound of a truck reversing.... then i hang up the phone..... simple...

man i absolutly hate them
i got called like 8 times in a fortnight....by the last time after saying NO time and time again.....they kept calling...so this time i acted interested....everytime he would stop and try to sign me up i would ask for more information...i kept this guy on the phone for like 20-25 minutes...then at the end of it i told him the same as i told the last 7 people...NO NO NO...i wasnt interested yesturday or the day before or the last 5 days before that...so im not interested now....
he wasnt too impressed that i wasted his time...so i told him that now he knows how it feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back