Temp inside hide boxes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ange

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have purchased my first two Darwin carpet pythons and have indeed studied till my brain hurt and my friends think I'm totally obsessed. I have also read nearly everything on this site but there is one question that I just can't find. What should the temp be inside a hide box. I am very happy with my enclosure and this is the last piece of info to get every thing just right.

Thanks. Also do you let the little darlings just keep bitting, the male will come out of the hide just to hunt me, he's feeding great and the female is placid but he seems to have a bit of an attitude.

They will soon settle down with reg, but not to reg at first, handling. Its normal for hatchlings to be a bit snappy, their mouth is the only defence against the big scarey 5 fingered thing coming to get them. Their bites dont hurt oo much, its so fast, and the teeth so sharp, you dont feel it till its done.
Not good to pull away if you can help it, tiny teeth snag in skinand can be broken off, possibly leading to ,mouth infection (canker).

Not good to pull away if you can help it, tiny teeth snag in skinand can be broken off, possibly leading to ,mouth infection (canker).

Or your snake goes flying across the room.

My coastals are 7 months old.....About 2 foot long...One of the two of them is a little snappy(gettin better though)... It has tagged me a couple of times... I didnt even know that it puntured the skin till a few minutes later when there was a small amount of blood drizzling out..... You want even feel it.... Unless you have a extremely low pain threshhold....lol.... Dont be scared...

And I try and handle mine every second day.....at least every third day... I am nearly getting to the stage where I can reach in and they want even " S Bend " (ready to strike) at me when I move in to their enclosure....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back