Thats not a snake, THIS is a snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retic

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
This is a Reticulated Python owned by a friend of a friend. This photo was taken in England a couple of years ago when the snake was 21 feet long. The snake was in a private collection not a zoo. It is now unfortunately dead. Sorry about the quality of the photo.
Retic.jpg

GGGEEEEZUUUSS!

That girl would almost be an entree!

The best security system on earth for your collection. Is she the owner or the ex-wife? and follwoiing that...who is dead?

Golly gosh! :shock: What did they feed it ? Ponies?

That woman's body language suggests she is really nervous!

:p

Hix

Very nice :D I suppose an average pillow case wouldnt suffice if required to bag that snake :shock:

olivehydra said:
Very nice :D I suppose an average pillow case wouldnt suffice if required to bag that snake :shock:

exactly why ; when called earlier this year to remove one; when told the length I declined and passed it on. looked at my bag and thought, "no way in hell". It did turn out to be somewhat smaller.

No, she is good around snakes. There is another photo of her holding it, well a small part of it anyway.

Hix said:
That woman's body language suggests she is really nervous!

:p

Hix

A guy I used to work with in Sydney owns a Retic although his isn't that big yet it's probably not that far off i though. He lives in NSW and yes he has a liscence for it -lucky bastard

Amazing size :shock: thats a great pic boa

Yeah a mate of mine in Victoria has a pair on license. They are my favourite python species and would love another one, maybe one day.

cwarren72 said:
A guy I used to work with in Sydney owns a Retic although his isn't that big yet it's probably not that far off i though. He lives in NSW and yes he has a liscence for it -lucky illegitimate child

boa said:
Yeah a mate of mine in Victoria has a pair on license. They are my favourite python species and would love another one, maybe one day.

cwarren72 said:
A guy I used to work with in Sydney owns a Retic although his isn't that big yet it's probably not that far off i though. He lives in NSW and yes he has a liscence for it -lucky illegitimate child

Have to agree with you there, ultimate in snakes IMO. I take it from your post that you had one once?

Yeah I have had maybe 5 over the years. During one of the times I lived in the UK, many years ago my parents bought me my first Retc when I was I think 17. That snake had me hooked, in more ways than one. He was typical Retic at first but soon calmed down and became really tame and just the most beautiful snake. It was just about every colour you can imagine with wonderful bright orange eyes.
Without wanting to start yet another pointless exotic debate I just hope one day sanity prevails and a workable system gets introduced to allow experienced keepers to get the chance to keep these wonderful animals and others of course.

that is an amazing snake, it is HUGE to say the least!!!!! what the hell did they keep it in? they wouldnt even have been able to move it around it would waya ton!!!

They had a special reptile room for the collection. The owner had a few 'big' snakes like the Retic and some Burmese pythons. I think it might have taken a few hands to move it and if it didn't want to move then my guess is that it stayed put.

There is no margin for eror when handling that size of retic. Timebomb waiting for acident to happen if in private collection. Lot of people in US have a dilema what to do when they grow up to much.

They certainly need careful handling but I'm not sure I would call them a timebomb. I would trust one of those more than a Taipan for instance. It would never be a good idea to go in with one on your own.

Some of the Island forms of Retic like on Bali only get to a couple of metres in length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back