thats one for happy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m.punja

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I had some freinds around the other night, before they had all arrived I decided to get happy out for a stroll, before I started drinking. I showed off some of my tigers and black snakes then went over and prepared to get happy out of the tank. (Happy being a salt water croc just now breaking a meter in length) Every time I get him out I do it depending on his attitude. Some times he is quiet happy to come out of the tank and it is as simple as distracting him and fishing him out by the tail. This time was different, he was thrashing about and making a fuss so I pinned his snout and grabbed his tail, but i grabbed a little far down the tail and let the pressure off his snout too soon. He whipped around and grabbed my hand. He has done this once before but I yanked him out quicker that time and his teeth just grazed the top of my hand. He can't grip because his teeth are side on to a flat hand. This time however as he clamped down one tooth got hooked on my middle knuckle and went around the knuckle opening it like a can opener. I lifted his tail, waited till he faced away and let him go to look after my hand. There was a bit of blood and I took some photo's which I'll post later. Being that I was hosting I just bandaged it up myself and checked on it each hour. It healed over fine and although it probably needed a stitch it has come along great. So I had to open one of my pressure bandages :shock: but thankfully not for the reason I keep them so handy. :lol: I'll get the pics up later.

PS I am up to date with all the shots

How could a croc so suave do something so mean ;)

...I am dying for these photos now Punj! :D

pics are downloading, but i don't think they do happy's work any justice

ok, its taking forever to download, so here is the first pic.

I'd just washed it at this stage, preparing to put on the bandage but thought hang on, need pics. You can see where his other teeth have just slid across my hand and where the one tooth has got caught.

MumandDavesRental019.jpg

The pics don't look bad, but when I went to make a fist it opened a fair bit. Should have taken a photo of it like that but didn't think. Ah well. More to come

30-08-07_0448.jpg
Don't know if I'v posted this one

This is an old one though
17-06-07_0246.jpg

how bigs the enclosure you're keeping him in now punja? and how big will the enclosure be when happies fully grown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back