The day before Xmas and egg bound.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning RSPcrasy how is your little friend this morning I hope at this moment you are placing all your eggs in the incubator! Good luck and lots of wishes.

Unfortunately, she hasn't dropped any Christmas eggs yet, A little bit of Christmas poo though, but I'm pretty sure that's just leaking egg content from the one that got drained.

i dont know much about the whole egg laying thing. Is it natural/normal for a female to be a little late in laying eggs? Does it happen a lot?

Any luck yet mate? Merry Chrsitmas and I hope your girl lays :D All the best X-Mas wishes heading to you and your girl!!!!

i dont know much about the whole egg laying thing. Is it natural/normal for a female to be a little late in laying eggs? Does it happen a lot?

It's not uncommon for snakes to be late, but my girl is definitely egg bound, because she layed one egg then stopped. I've only had one other snake do this (a BHP a couple of years back), she had an injection of oxytocin and dropped the rest of the eggs that night.

This jungle has had a couple of oxytocin injections now and still won't lay, it's looking more and more like she will need surgery. Oh, and I finally asked the vet how much the surgery would cost, I was told around about $500.

Hi RSP,
I am so sorry to hear about your girl, hopefully she produces the eggs soon and makes a full recovery.
How is she this morning?

Since you are off line, I really hope she has laid and you are tending the eggs at the incubator or is laying now. :) I hope all is well and that surgery is not needed :)

Day 43 from prelay shed and the day I leave for my first holiday in 2 years and tada!!
96739E39-9872-4151-BEF4-23B51EAFE233-31482-00003541E6708BA9.jpg

11 eggs, plus 1 in the incubator already, makes 12 eggs from her.
2AF9F8AE-B302-4AC4-9B67-7BCD632AC4A6-31482-00003541FB9B73B3.jpg

This is the egg that got drained, it's now the same size as the rest of them.
294A54F3-C33D-4446-81ED-50D72CA53E4E-31482-00003541F3628575.jpg

BBBE078C-E87D-4403-B7B8-4E1CD0C08EF5-31482-00003544FE4BDADA.jpg

It has veins, but because it was drained, I'm expecting it to die sometime during incubation, lucky if it doesn't though.

Thanks for all the support guys and girls.

Awesome news mate. It's the day after Christmas but an awesome Christmas pressie non the less

I have goose bumps reading your update! That is really great news! Have a well deserved holiday now with peace of mind! Congrats.

Excellent result. Now go and enjoy your holiday !

I breathed the biggest sigh of relief ever! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy she laid :D Now you can enjoy your holiday knowing she is A-OK! Congrats to both of you and I can't wait to see the hatchies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAY!!!! :D
*screams good news out to husband at the other end of the house*

Wow that's excellent news RSP, she looks okay as well, which is a great sign, good luck with the eggs, will be great to see pictures once they hatch *hint hint* :lol:

Wow that's excellent news RSP, she looks okay as well, which is a great sign, good luck with the eggs, will be great to see pictures once they hatch *hint hint* :lol:

I think I got the hint and don't worry, I'll post them.

Unfortunately, I have never been able to capture her true colours on camera, she always turns out a brown tinge, but in real life, she has almost no brown, she is covered with a very nice (and quite strong) green tinge instead.
She is one of Darren Whittaker's black & white lines.

I can't stress enough how completely different she looks on camera and I'm hoping I don't have the same problems with the hatchlings, because that will make selling them a bit trickier.

Thanks again for all the support people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back