The death of Kevin Budden

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im totally with you Brodes.

These people disputing him are just clowns. You dont find cures and what have you for diseases by just stumbling on them.

I think if his heart was in it and it surely was, then this man is a Hero, if it wasnt for him starting the anti-venime chase of the taipan, how many people would be dead today.

You wouldnt call the guy that founded penicillin an idiot, so dont call this legend an idiot either.

Respect is and easy thing to have, i suggest you should get some Soulweaver.

Well said shermy, Im rasing my beer to ya mate.

fuscus, have I told you i hate you? :) I have seen fiercey's (ithink) not 100 percent so I dont put them on my lists of animals I have seen! I have never been more than 70 percent sure, my principal back in Quilpie, told me the snake I caught was a fierce snake, dunno if he was right though...hope not!

Baritji said:
fuscus, have I told you i hate you? :)
Well, the little blighter didn't give me a chance to photograph him which stilll annoys me. Hope that makes you feel better.

Baritji said:
my principal back in Quilpie, ...
Where the heck is that? The current known range of fierce snakes is around the SA/QLD/NSW border area with isolated populations south and west. According to Swan and Wilson old records say that specimens have been found at the junction of the murray and darling rivers.

As it is a shy and cryptic snake, I think that it is possible that its range may be greater than is recorded.

hehehe oh well, at least you saw it!

I cant remember anymore lol, it is western QLD, near simpson dessert...that was when I was 6

What I don't understand, is what this other person would have done if they had gone with him?

SW, he "kill[ed] himself for self-glory"??? WTF?!? This guy DID save lives by what he did; which was something more worthwhile than what most people accomplish in their lives. I can't get over how disgusted I am by your attitude in this... get over yourself mate, shermy has the right idea. This man's to be respected, not belittled.

spottedpython said:
sorry to say but if people just left the bush alone and don't go in there then they most likely won't get bitten. on the farms you have no choice but people in towns and cities do the reptiles are best left alone not disturbed or picked up. it brings stress on them exspecialy being wild. and they say while bush walking or camping never go alone just in chase you get bitten or something dangerous happens. brodie if you got bittin you wouldn't be thought of a hero you will thought of an idoit who dicided to go alone and died because of it. yeah antivenom was produced by the snakes they needed the snakes venom to make the antivenom thats what i heard and read. no ones a hero i don't think no guy that goes out there and gets themselfs killed just for that is an idoit. maybe if people just stood still the snake would move on. and then maybe they should of just not go in the bush or where there are snakes and that is less chance of getting bitten.

I am with brodie on this all the way. I mainly go herpin alone and i am not gonna stop doing it. U say that snakes get really stressed out once cort, hmmmm, that must be why on a few occasions i put the snake down and it goes and eats a frog with me still in its presence. Unless people handle the snake really roughly and are hurting it they are not going to get overly stressed and recover quickly.
I reckon kevin deserves a lot more recognition than wat u ars*holes have been giving him. Just because he died while doing sumthan dangerous, in the long run has helped save lives of a lot of people and for all u know it could save u one day.
Soulweaver, u truly are a Warning, This is unexceptable swearing

before it gets deleted ackie, i wanna say you rock dude :D and brodes for your posts that exist, and those that are no longer with us

i've never heard of the bloke, but i also do most of my herping alone and i still play with brown snakes etc, wouldn't stop either.

LMAO Ackie, always straight up eh mate!?

lol, depends wat its about. they shouldnt be ripping credit away from people who deserve it. I would like to see them do a better job.

Yeah he chose his own path for better or worse, he would have known the risks and good on him for living as he pleased regardless of peoples judgements.

yeah Deleted whatever some dicks think about him, this guy was a champion, and I am in his debt..having almost lost a good mate to a taipan just yesterday... he would be dead if it wasnt for the anitvenom.... he would be gone... you Deleted who are talking **** about kevin budden get STUFFED
Brodie

PS from admins. If you guys will not fix your language, we will start deleting messages instead editing. No time to edit all the time.

at least i can put my arguement foward without the insults, insults prove you no little about what you are talking about. espically in regards to penicillin.

as someone else said there are plenty of other snakes out there, he didn't have to give his life on that day for that particular snake. he could of waited until he had the right equipment to capture a snake for the research he was after.

it easy to say that you would go out there and handle a taipan, but you also know whilst your doing this that there is anti-venom available to you if the same situation was to come up.

sorry if my comments upset everyone, but at the end of the day it is silly and now proven pointless to go out there and capture a animal that is dangerous ill-equiped.

SW

soulweaver said:
at least i can put my arguement foward without the insults, insults prove you no little about what you are talking about. espically in regards to penicillin.
SW

you are referring to me in that statement and not once did i insult you mate.

And as for not knowing what i am talking about, all i can say is that i know disrespect when i read and see it.

Alan.

ill-equipped...wat do u mean by that. because of him, we r now equipped. Any taipan he would hav tried to catch had the potential to kill him in any situation. I think the main reason people reacted the way they did is the way u were bagging him out coz he died while doing sumthing more dangerous than u would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back