The death of Kevin Budden

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
by the way, wasnt penacillen discovered by accident wen mould grew on sumthing in the Lab.

Teamsherman said:
you are referring to me in that statement and not once did i insult you mate

if you didnt insult him then what makes you think he was talking about you lol ;)

ackie said:
Soulweaver, u truly are a fuking wanker

oh grow up :roll: . you dont have to insult to get a point across kids :?

Zoe, TS was talking about the penicilling comment being used in the same context as people wo have insulted him. So yes, he was talking about him.
And ackie's speaking his mind as much as he is insulting, no probs with that!
Soulweaver:
at least i can put my arguement foward without the insults, insults prove you no little about what you are talking about.
What??!?! How often have you heard of this man before tonight?? I'm pretty damn sure that brodie ad ackie have a MUCH better idea what he's talking about than you do

ok i think it has kinda been blown out of context just a teensy weensy bit...i think the point SW was trying to make is that it doesnt really seem like it was necessary for this dude to go out alone to catch it. especially when there is no antivenin around. dont get me wrong, i know nuthin about this dude or the situation but it does sound a tad silly to me :?

there hasnt been enuf fighting around here recently has there lol. its all been building up ;)

zoe, did ya read the thing this was the first one caught in 30 years
it was a BIG thing

actually this article has been around for years and its not the first time i've read it. it's also not the first time its been posted on aps.

ackie, ever heard of safety in numbers?

and the article says the snake was milked, it doesn't say that particular snake was used to create the first anti-venom. Therefore he might not even be responsable for creating the anti-venom for that particular species.

Hey_Im_Sam said:
Quote:
zoe:
i know nuthin about this dude or the situation

There you go.

ok ok whats the point in trying to be nice and not get uncontrollably EDITED if everyone else keeps throwing crap back at ya? i thought maybe you could have been mature enough to not take something NICE that i said and make a nasty comment back. :(

after reading my initial post it would seem it came across a bit heartless. Sorry if i offended anyone who holds kevin budden in high regards. My point was it seems silly going after a species which little was known about by yourself.

sorry if you are offended.

SW

soulweaver said:
exactly things were different, you may say i've caught this and that, but there is also alot more known abt them now. you no more of what to expect.

and no i haven't handled a taipan, i have more common sense unlike the 'hero' you keep referring too

I think that we can thank to people like him that we know more about them
I think that Lot of comments here in this topic is made by people who have no Idea. It is hard to do reserch and drag somebody with you each time. Lot of great herpers do work solo.

spottedpython said:
i heven't heard of him either

Yes we know. :wink:
About time to get some information about him.

It is easy to call him Idiot if you do not know much about the guy.
I think SW that at that point you upset many people. I am glad that you realize that.

hey_im_sam said:
SW, he "kill[ed] himself for self-glory"??? WTF?!? This guy DID save lives by what he did; which was something more worthwhile than what most people accomplish in their lives. I can't get over how disgusted I am by your attitude in this... get over yourself mate, shermy has the right idea. This man's to be respected, not belittled.

I totaly agree with sam.

is that why u didnt edit ackie's comment slatey?

soulweaver said:
and the article says the snake was milked, it doesn't say that particular snake was used to create the first anti-venom. Therefore he might not even be responsable for creating the anti-venom for that particular species.

slateman there is no actual proof that kevin did anything other then catch the snake. i am looking into this more but with the evidence submitted how was he any different from any other person who goes out and catches snakes?

he may of caught the first taipan that has been recorded in history, but was it worth his life if he didn't actually gain anything form this rather then being able to say he was the first to catch one?

actually, if you read down the story the snake produced something like 118mg of dry venom. which is a hell of a lot.

Also if you read more of it, it is actually not the first taipan recorded in history.
Or was it too much to read at once?

Dear Zoe. I did edited ackies coment and issued warning to him on PM.
I did this before your sarcastic post here. I demand apology.
I am finding your post insulting . Looks like you are trying to acuse me, to suport ackie in bad language and insults.
I am noticing that you like to argue with anybody who do not like your opinion lately. Please do controll your attitute against me. Many more people did not liked SW to call the great man Idiot.

I did edited the posts as soon as i red them zoe. We work here on site in our free time and sometimes things do not happen straight away.
You are only enjoying our site and that is why you should be more suportive to people who do all the work. We moderate as best and quick as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back