Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
The Family (beware, a bit pic heavy)

I suppose after spamming the forum in various areas, its about time I actually show off the other members of the family. Right now they are housed in some temporary enclosures (apart from my Olive, Jungle and Childrens) which they are looking forward to getting out of. You can see the new permanant housing in my other thread about LED strip lighting.

This is Scarlett my Jungle Carpet, she is one of my first snakes I got in Australia.
Scarlett the GTP-not.jpgScarlett.JPGDSC_2581-800.jpg

Olive who I got the same time as Scarlett
Olive in the sun 2.jpgOlive in the sun.jpg

Skittles the Childrens python
Skittles 2.jpg

Bart the Stimsons
Bart - Stimsons.jpg

Hypo the Hypomelanistic Darwin Carpet
Hypo - Darwin.jpgHypo2 - Darwin.jpg

Jaffar my male Night Tiger
Jafar chilling.jpg

Tigger my female Night Tiger (She was hungry)
Tigger noms.jpg

Louey my male BHP
Louey - Male BHP.jpg

Duey - My younger female BHP
Duey - F BHP.jpg

Huey -My oldest and biggest female BHP
Huey - Older F BHP.jpg

My latest addition courtesy of reptileaddiction (Great guy) - Zig the striped Darwin Carpet
Zig - Striped Darwin.jpg

And of course, the mandatory 2 lizards, Spartacus (Bearded Dragon) and George (Bluetongue)
George2.jpgGeorge.jpgSpartacus.jpg

I dont like to show off, but it may have occured to me that I tend to offer an opinion without proof that I have slithery and scaley things at home too. Maybe one day I will try my hand at breeding, but Im still learning about Aussie reptiles and while books and online resources are great, nothing is better than practical experience.

Oh, and no, none are for sale :p

And their new enclosures that Im hoping to finish the painting of this weekend
DSC_2851-800.jpgDSC_2850-800.jpgDSC_2848-800.jpgDSC_2844-800.jpg

Attachments

• Skittle - Childrens.jpg
    Skittle - Childrens.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Awesome Sniper, some stunning snakes there, love the BHP's <3
Your others ar great, how are the night tigers, are they great snakes to keep?

Great snakes, those night tigers and that striped darwin in particular are stunning. Whats the dimensions of that enclosure?, looks good so far. :)

Awesome Sniper, some stunning snakes there, love the BHP's <3
Your others ar great, how are the night tigers, are they great snakes to keep?
They have their moments as my two have gone through phases of being finiky eaters but in general they are fantastic snakes. Bit skitterish too, but as long as they know you are there and you dont surprise them, I find mine to be very curious animals who need to see whats going on all the time.

Albino93 said:
Whats the dimensions of that enclosure?, looks good so far.
Each enclosure is 3m long by 1.5m high by 65cm deep and is split into the different enclosures. I cannot take full credit for it as alot of the help and experience came from frinds but I tried to make them tell me what to do more than them doing it as I was keen to learn.

Last edited:
Thats awesome, I agree with Albino too, your Hypo and Striped Darwins are stunning.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S - I love your shepherd so much, what a stunner.

Nice little collection you have there. Love the "candy canes".

P.S - I love your shepherd so much, what a stunner.

Thanks. They are growing up fast and still have moments of pushing the boundries, but I wouldnt change it for the world.

Rob_N_Son said:
Nice little collection you have there. Love the "candy canes".
Thanks Mate, I was really lucky to end up with these two. Im hoping to get another picture of my girl up later as she is more chequered than striped which I find pretty cool.

phatty said:
nice collection you have sniper
Thanks mate, not sure whats next on the cards but Im thinking it might not be until I move back to the mainland. Not allowed to breed rats or mice here at all so buying food gets a bit expensive :

Nice collection, loving that Boiga:)! Hope you post some pics of the cages when finished?!

beautiful snakes, hypo darwin is a real eye catcher. Didnt know these guys existed!

Stunning collection Stuart. Love that hypo Darwin. Is it male or female?
Thanks Corey. It's actually a young male I was lucky enough to get off Reedy a while ago. Not sure if he will ever meet your girl, but its a long way down the track and I have a lot to learn if it was to be a possibility.

Your girl is settling in incredibly well, proberbly a little upset cause she is separated from the others until she settles in :) but handles like I have had her for years. Thanks again

How much money did you spend on the wood ? Nice enclosures and Nice Snakes to BTW. = )

How much money did you spend on the wood ? Nice enclosures and Nice Snakes to BTW. = )
Thanks mate, all the wood was around $875 from the place one of my mates uses regularly. It was the shipping to get it here that was the killer.

Thanks mate, all the wood was around $875 from the place one of my mates uses regularly. It was the shipping to get it here that was the killer.

Was defiantly worth it, Don't see a lot of people using nice timber good to see.

Thanks Corey. It's actually a young male I was lucky enough to get off Reedy a while ago. Not sure if he will ever meet your girl, but its a long way down the track and I have a lot to learn if it was to be a possibility.

Your girl is settling in incredibly well, proberbly a little upset cause she is separated from the others until she settles in :) but handles like I have had her for years. Thanks again

No dramas. As I said to you, it was a pleasure dealing with you.

I had a feeling that hypi might of come from Reedy. I have a similar male from different lines, but its being definant and not eating!

That girl has always had a beautiful temperament. She's a great feeder too.

I had a feeling that hypi might of come from Reedy. I have a similar male from different lines, but its being definant and not eating!

That girl has always had a beautiful temperament. She's a great feeder too.

Funny that, my boy will always nail the rat or mouse, constrict but will only eat it half the time on first go. It usually take 3 or 4 tries to actually start him feeding. It's a pain if you don't have a lot of time but at least he nails it eventually. Good luck with yours mate.

I hoping to offer the new girl a feed tomorrow as she does not seem fazed at all with being handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back