Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Steve really did not want to feed his baby to croc. We all know that babies do not have nutritional value and enough bone structure to give croc calcium he needed.

Obee...haha...oh man. I'm not even going to start.

Try and do a little background research on the guy...

Bugger it, I'll say something.

1 - How on earth did it get any good publicity? He was just doing what his father did with him, and what he has done with Bindi. Right? Wrong? Everyone brings their kid up differently. Is the kid dead? No.

2 - He gets bit by small crocs and gators like people with pythons get bit by their snakes. Whoopty. He's never been severly bitten.

3 - He has never been bitten by a dangerous elapid.

4 - He owns hundreds of thousands of acres of land all over the world. St George (restoring native Bilby populations and studying Woma's) is one area close to home. He also has land in the Daintree, NT, PNG, Amazon...

I'm also pretty certain he IS doing something about Hairy Nosed Wombats. Don't quote me on that though.

Obee, well put but you are fighting a battle you can not win.
I have noticed that most of the ppl who condemned his stunt are parents themselves and most of the ppl who say there was no danger are not.
There is a difference between between putting your child in a car and strapping your kid to the bullbar.
Some people will never see past the hero worship either.

Greebo said:
Obee, well put but you are fighting a battle you can not win.
I have noticed that most of the ppl who condemned his stunt are parents themselves and most of the ppl who say there was no danger are not.
There is a difference between between putting your child in a car and strapping your kid to the bullbar.
Some people will never see past the hero worship either.

thats right but there is a huge difference between steve doing it and one of us doing it. thats what people arent considering, parents or not

Greebo, if you ever get to Australia Zoo, all you ever see is safety. Whenever anyone is in with a croc, there is a minimum of two people outside the enclosure communicating with the person in the enclosure. No one has ever been grabbed during a demo. Unlike Bredl's...

If your typical Joe Blo had any idea of the crushing potential of those Burmese Pythons that their kids are having slung around their necks and getting photographed with, I think they'd have something else to moan & groan about - stuff the crocs -what about the snakes they'd all scream! Ignorance is a milder form of stupidity! Here is the one thing Irwin ISN'T ..... ignorant! :roll:

sxereturn said:
Greebo, if you ever get to Australia Zoo, all you ever see is safety. Whenever anyone is in with a croc, there is a minimum of two people outside the enclosure communicating with the person in the enclosure. No one has ever been grabbed during a demo. Unlike Bredl's...
Hang on, you told us that on the day Steve didnt have anyone with him as per usual and no one else was in the enclosure.?????????????????????????

I dont care about what Steve and Bob did or didnt do. I just know that Steve Irwin isnt big enough to admit he was wrong.
Peter

peterescue said:
sxereturn said:
Hang on, you told us that on the day Steve didnt have anyone with him as per usual and no one else was in the enclosure.?????????????????????????

I did? Show me the post.

I've only been there a couple of times, but whenever there was anyone in the croc enclosure there was a minimum of three other people inside the enclosure with them. Those people are often forgotten by the general public because they don't appear to be doing anything. And anyone with a video camera most likely wouldn't be filming them because they aren't as interesting as the guy feeding the croc (with or without a baby).

sxereturn we know you have done voluntary work at australia zoo but say, if you had done voluntary work at Airle Beach reptile park would you still say Rob Bredl is a joke?
Can i ask exactly why Rob bredl is a joke?

Are you aware of the things that his father Joe Bredl did or for that matter Rob.
I personally have nothing agianst Irwin i think he raises awareness of reptiles better than anyone.
However the Bredls did alot more early studies and made alot more discoveries than pretty much anyone in the country, i don't think theres any denying that.

You are defending Steve Irwin like he is your god you need to look at what others have done before making comments like that.

I don't like the way he conducts himself. He's more egotistical, "Look at me, I am so brave" type thing. Kissing crocs on the nose, trying to suck venom out (stupid on so many levels) etc.

If I didn't like Steve Irwin, I would say so. Some of his opinions I do not agree with, but on the whole I think he is FANTASTIC. I fall asleep watching Attenborough and O'shea, but I'll stay up till 3 in the morning just to watch a repeat of Steve.

Hey sxe,what makes you say Rob Bredl is a joke?

Do you know the guy and what he has done?

I don't think having 3 or 10 people in an enclosure is going to stop someone from slipping and that's all it takes.....SNAP!!!!!!!!

Like Irwin doesn't do that, the way he handles himself around crocs makes them look super dangerous, jumping around carrying on about how cranky they are.
Bredl shows how they are not mindless killers better than Irwin.
I can't say i ever heard of him trying to suck venom out, i think he would know proper first aid.

Again Mark O'shea has spent more hrs than Irwin in the remote places all over the world studding repitles and mapping their distribution he has devoted his life to it and his shows are alot more informative.

LOL that is great topic again here on APS.
Regarding the three people watching when demo is going on, They are there to save babies.

LOL theres nothing like a irwin to get a good debate going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back