the JAG/RPM morph neurological issues.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to upset... but it sounds more like a case of incomplete dominance rather than co-dominance. I may be further misunderstanding lol I know sometimes people simplify genetics to make it easier to understand but I find it harder to understand that way.
but your example sounded good :D I tend to ramble a bit as well :p

Co-dominant doesn't result in a blending of the two, it results in both alleles fighting for dominance, if that makes sense. For example, you may get a striped animal and a spotted animal and if co-dominant, you would get a spotted striped animal. Both phenotypes would be present. If the genes were incomplete dominant, you would get an animal with halfway between spots and stripes, with elongated spots or the like... the phenotype would be a blend :)
lol maybe colour is a better example, say you had a red flower and a white flower... and you bred them together and the alleles for both were co-dominant... you would end up with a flower with red and white spots. If red was incomplete dominant, you would end up with pink flowers instead :) Thankyou wikipedia for that example.
Co-dominance implies that the wild type is as dominant as the jag type. Whereas incomplete dominance allows a blending of the two... which makes more sense. Unless you are talking about jag not being co-dominant with the wild type, but being co-dominant with another morph? In which case that would make more sense.

Please no more giggle dribble. Its been long established that the trait is co-dominant.

Everyone has had a good say on this thread .
People are entittled to their own point of view etc
but surely its time to close this one.

Did anyone see the ad on Herp Trader (033-103) RPM Coastal Carpet Python Morph for $2,500?...

Unfortunately there are a few out there, but these are the types you have to watch out for!
yep.. seen that this morning..

Giggle

The jags are Co Dom mode of inheritance because they can produce a super form .

2 jags bred together produce 1/4 supers , ie Leucistis carpet python that do not survive long after leaving the egg.

then 1/2 of the jag to jag clutct will be jags ,

then 1/4 normal sibs

This is a widely known fact .

Roger

Last edited:
Did anyone see the ad on Herp Trader (033-103) RPM Coastal Carpet Python Morph for $2,500?...

Unfortunately there are a few out there, but these are the types you have to watch out for!
there will be alot more ads like that one..

Everyone has had a good say on this thread .
People are entittled to their own point of view etc
but surely its time to close this one.

I think your probably right roger.. it seems to have gone off track..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back