Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treg92

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I am really excited and have to share this with someone, and since no one on facebook seems to care, all you fellow reptile loving people may. i have 5 pythons (2 jungles, 2 coastals and a woma) and after reading keeping and breeding australian lizards by Mike Swan, i decided that i NEEDED a Gecko.

Last night (thanks to Crocka79) i picked up a oedura marmorata, aka a marbled velvet gecko. He is a Broome Locale, and is 8 months old. His name is Greg. His colours look amazing and he is awesome. now i just need a few female friends to keep him company, so if anyone has some females they need to get rid of........ ;)

anyway thanks for looking, any advice from keepers would be great

josh
P1000583.JPGP1000580.JPGP1000575.JPGP1000586.JPG

(ps, are there many people who actually keep these??)

Last edited:
WOW such a nice animal! I'm getting a pair of wheeleri and a pair of thicktails next thursday- cant wait. Your gecko has some really nice colours i might look into getting a marbled velvet gecko now :)

Thanks for sharing your photos!

absolutely stunning gecko. I have one myself and love them! Lovely colours

Thats very nice the marbled gekoes are certainly the most colourful of the species

Hi Greg!
I keep a trio of these.
They are great looking geckoes with an amazing ability to poop anywhere.
I keep mine in a 3ft tank but will be putting them in something with front access soon to make cleaning easier.

Wow! he is seriously cute!

absolutely stunning gecko. I have one myself and love them! Lovely colours

Just wondering what licence is required for geckos in NSW?
I have been eyeing them off now too.....

Don't worry - I ended up finding them - R1 :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back