The Question...Pest Control Chemicals and Snakes???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfcop24

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am having a pest control guy around today to spray around, in and out, of the house. What shlould I do regarding the two coastals I have.... They are only a year old....

Should I just cover the enclosure with some plastic for a few hours....?

Or should I remove them....And then thoroughly clean out the enclosure afterwards???

Obviously, I dont want them getting sick, that is why I ask..

And if anyone knows the chemicals that get used by the different companies... It is being done by "First Class Pest Control".

my advice just dont get the place sprayed.

i never have chemicals sprayed around the house, hubby gives me heaps when i pull out the flyspray.

I work in the Pest Control Industry, we come and do the sprays.

I will never have my house commercially sprayed. Sorry, don't do it.

If you have to deal with internal bugs, try using a permethrin based hand spray. I use one called Astra (Astro?) that is simply a super dose of Top Of Descent. I keep it away from the snake areas and only use it under cupboards and fridge when I absolutely have to. You can also get weeny cockroach baits that snakes can't get into to deal with kitchen nasties.

I would move the animals out of the house and keep them out for as long as possible. Cover cages and clean afterwards before reintroducing the snakes. Are the cages to big to move as well?

what about fleas? we have two dogs that dont have fleas on them but my daughter is getting absolutly hammered by something (and no they arent mossies) in the living room where our snakes are kept

Krystal

Funny how many people say... My dog doesn't have fleas....

Even the cleanest dogs have fleas. You take them for a walk, they pick one up, they might drop it almost immediately after, but they get them and they can bring them home. Check with your Vet, not sure if it is Spotton or Advantage that takes care of fleas straight away, but best way to deal with them in the house is use a product like those on your pets continuously, fleas or not, and let the product application and life cycle take care of the fleas.

You could use a flea bomb, take the snakes out, cover tanks and cages, bomb the house, then thoroughly clean all cages, vacumn/wash floors etc before bringing the snakes back in. Flea bombs are contact killers and once used, don't need to lay around to keep working, unlike Pest Control sprays that rely on surface application and keep killing.

I still wouldn't though. I would use Astra, spray and vacumn after and spotton or advantage (read vet available flea application for dogs product here).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back