The Rat Ranch

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
chris do you find that the sold animals cover the costs of keeping your rats and feeding your naimals though?

Including initial start up costs and monthly food/shavings....no lol.
I'm catching up though. It costs about $260 a month to maintain my colony.
I'm not selling near that, although i do use quite a few rats for my own purposes.

Thats a mad setup you got trippz.
Really like the feed tube idea in the growout cages.
Where does everyone get thier rat pellets from? I haven't seen them anywhere.
Also where is the cheapest place to get those opaque tubs from?

Cheers

Midol they are bred for food not as pets. They are given chew wood & a wheel in their large tubs, the small tubs are for the first 4 weeks.Nugget I buy from cummins mill they are located in SA.

At the moment I have 9 girls with 11 - 14 bubs each.
I purchase Medium rats from a local breeder if I need any extra at a very good $$$ here in Newcastle [ meduium rats weight - 150g average ].
PM me for details.
Breeding your own saves an absolute fortune !!!
Dont let anyone tell you any different.
Cheers,
Aleks.

lol NO KUPPER!!!! i bought that from Byron Bay. I am selling my excess rats now so if you are in the South Eastern suburbs & you need rats or mice PM me =D. Live available too

I buy my shavings (0.7 cubic metres, $65) this usually last me 6 weeks.
The quality rat food i buy is $50 for 40kg.

I try and sell a few if i get excess to pay for the food and shavings etc, as long as i can feed my snakes for free, im happy.

$65!!!!! i can get that much for $20.. OUCH!

Why pay for shavings? I get it free from a local saw mill.

I find kiln dried shaving are far more absorbent than "green" shavings/sawdust from a mill, and far more convenient and consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back