Thermostat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jungle1

Reaction score
Would like to no were is the best to put the thermostat and no not there ha ha.Do l put it were the snake sleeps, or do l put on floor of the enclosuer below light thanks.

I install mine about midway in the enclosure and about 150~200mm above the floor.Set thermostat to the desired temp and in that position what you will find is that you get a decent gradient,hotter towards the heat source cooler towards the opposite end.

I install mine about midway in the enclosure and about 150~200mm above the floor.Set thermostat to the desired temp and in that position what you will find is that you get a decent gradient,hotter towards the heat source cooler towards the opposite end.

would you recommend this for heat mats?

For heat mats, out the probe on top of the heat mat. Too easy to burn an animal otherwise.

I recommend heat mats get thrown in the bin.

That's not exactly helpful.

I will rephrase the question and ask again: is your method of thermostat placement compatible with sources of 'belly heat' (heat cord or similar) i ask because I am currently fine tuning my setup prior to the arrival of a new stimsons hatchie

- - - Updated - - -

For heat mats, out the probe on top of the heat mat. Too easy to burn an animal otherwise.

Thank-you, that was my logic in how mine was setup but Ramsayi's comment had me worried i was measuring it wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back