Thermostats for incubators

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdragons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im about to buy my thermostats for a few enclosures and a hatchy rack and incubator.. so either way im about to be broke i just want to get it right..

100w on/off matt stat is fine for 50w heat cord under a tile?

300w pulse is for the hatchy rack running 2 heat cords??

300w pulse running a heat cord around an incubator??

Is on/off fine for heat cord or is pulse a better option??

Im going habistat and shipping will be to much for a return. Ive done the research but i just want to confirm it.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Anyone? I just dont want to buy these and find out the matt stat cannot do cord. Im finding a little conflicting info.

I only use heat cord. Here are my experiences.

I have a habistat pulse thermostat controlling one of my heat cords. I've found the temp stays very stable with little or no drop.

My other heat cord is controlled by a very cheap eBay switching themostat. The temps are pretty good with it only going up and down one degree.

A switch would be fine for hatchies, juveniles, adults, etc. But for an incubator I would probably go with a pulse.

If you look at the herpshop website (this is where I bought my habistat thermostats) Brian has listed what thermostats can be used for each heating element in a table.

l am a Habistat Dimmer fan for everything but their only minor fault which doesn't effect me is they need resistance (electrical) and you don't get this with globes, so in my incubator l have globes for light (also as a reminder the door is open TOO long) but also a quick heat source and a mat in conjunction (the globes for quick heat and the mat for resistance and slower heat......solar 17 (Baden) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back