TO COLD AT NIGHT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nigmax

Reaction score
I have been running my coastals enclosure on a 12hr on 12hr off timer and it has been staying between 28deg and 30deg during the day and dropping to an avg of 20deg overnight. Last night it went down to 16 deg is this to cold. I have 3x2x2 with 2x red lights running on a thermo?

At the moment I think that 20 is bit cold. I would keep it 23-25 at least just over night.
My coastals have 27 night temperature and 29-32 day.

I am using 32 day and 24 night at the moment with 10hr light / 14hr dark cycle.

thanks guys. what do you use to keep it warm overnight as my lights turn off for 12, do you have 2 thermos, a heat pad?

I am using two thermostats per enclosure to run globes at the moment but I am in the process of changing to new stats that have built in night eye with day/night settings and changing heat sources to radient heat panels.

ive just built this enclosure my first one, i will have to look into other heat sources for this and the next ones i build as it gets very cold here
thanks spilota

hey spilota what brand of stat is that? sounds pretty cool if u can have 2 diff setting for night and day!

They are a microclimate product imported from the UK.
But you can purchase habistats in Aus.

Heat tape is good if you can get it there. It's illegal here but who cares? I use a space heater in my snake room. Never have to worry about it getting too cold that way.

It comes in a role and has basic heat wiring through it. Wire it to a plug in and you've got excellent and cheap belly heat that can be attached to a dimmer switch and a good thermostat. It's main use is for heating pipes during winter in North America.

well there ya go you learn something new every day, i have made something similar by taking the element out of an old electric blanket coiling it over the base at one end of an old enclosure and taping it down... worked a treat and cost about 15 bucks to do

ive adjusted my thermostat up a few notches and it has been running at 32 to33 deg for the last few days i only seem to be able to get a 1 to 2 deg variant from my hot to cooler end.
thanks Simon.
good idea stockeh have to give that a go

im going to take my little fella to him to get sexed when i get a chance africancichlid i will have to have a look at the tape while im there.

i would really appreciate that afro we will have to organise it , im living in Craigieburn

well if you are going to the herp shop I am only 25 mins away from there and you are welcome to drop in. Let me know when and I'll give you my number so you can make sure I am home first :)

thanks a lot afro ill send you a pm when im planning to head into the big bad city
cheers Nick :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back