tonight on tonight....channel 7

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Steve would be rolling over in his grave with the endangered and rare Rough Scale Python now being one of the most commonly kept snakes in captivity because of private keepers !
( private keepers 1 , conservation 0 )

I may be getting a little off topic, but I don't understand how anyone with a passion for reptiles (and even reptile keeping) can be anything other than a conservationist.

Conservation involves eventually being able to release them into there original habitat, to maintain the orignial food chains. Whereas private keeper are keeping them for their own enjoyment. Look at americans privately keeper bengal tigers.

- - - Updated - - -

Conservation involves eventually being able to release them into there original habitat, to maintain the orignial food chains. Whereas private keeper are keeping them for their own enjoyment. Look at americans privately keeping bengal tigers.

Conservation involves eventually being able to release them into there original habitat, to maintain the orignial food chains. Whereas private keeper are keeping them for their own enjoyment. Look at americans privately keeper bengal tigers.

- - - Updated - - -

Conservation involves eventually being able to release them into there original habitat, to maintain the orignial food chains. Whereas private keeper are keeping them for their own enjoyment. Look at americans privately keeping bengal tigers.

What I meant is that if you love snakes and love keeping snakes, then surely you care about their habitat, conservation status and continued survival in the wild.

What I meant is that if you love snakes and love keeping snakes, then surely you care about their habitat, conservation status and continued survival in the wild.

Yeah, conservation starts with not running over snakes (on the road, making sure to jam on the brakes as you do) and encouraging others to not run them over also.

Obviously too, not to take to them with a shovel on sight, and to call someone to take it away instead :)

That was rubbish, it was all about American illegal trade in big cats... *** did that have anything to do with Steve...... American cop thinks he made monkey see monkey do attitudes on American idiots that but a tiger cub for the price we pay for gtps ..... What crap!!! When did Steve want to keep big cats in his chicken coop......

- - - Updated - - -

Love him or Hate him
Doesnt matter
But nobody has ever or will ever again influence so many kids regarding reptiles

Look at all the drop kick imitators out there
They wouldnt be copying every move he made if his shows were not the best
I agree, but its easy to blame a dead guy for the mistakes of idiots, when he cant fight back

Hardly mentioned snakes compared to the ad that had snakes and crocs on it

I may be getting a little off topic, but I don't understand how anyone with a passion for reptiles (and even reptile keeping) can be anything other than a conservationist.

Conservationists don't like us keeping native animals as pets , they like fencing off areas in the wild to protect endangered wildlife not captive breeding, what I'm meaning to say is this is proof of how captive breeding has taken a animal off the endangered list due to captive breeding of private keepers

Conservationists don't like us keeping native animals as pets , they like fencing off areas in the wild to protect endangered wildlife not captive breeding, what I'm meaning to say is this is proof of how captive breeding has taken a animal off the endangered list due to captive breeding of private keepers

Fencing off an area is keeping the animals captive? I know what you mean tho..... that is why steve was buying the land up north, so the mining companies couldnt destroy the animals habitat, so they can live without being fenced in.

Anything captive bread doesnt add to the wild population? An animal can become extinct in the wild, even if there is 1000 in captivity

What can I say?

I am a private keeper. I am also a conservationist.

I bet Steve would be rolling over in his grave with the endangered and rare Rough Scale Python now being one of the most commonly kept snakes in captivity because of private keepers !
( private keepers 1 , conservation 0 )

John Weigel is hardly a private keeper

Funny how they didn't mention idiots that kept chimpanzees and treated them like humans until they became dangerous. Two people had their faces ripped off by them. Steve couldn't be blamed for that. Should be blaming the ridiculous laws that they have in the US. Thank god they don't have them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back