Tonights trip to Fogg Dam

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics,..love the Curlew a strange looking but kool bird,...saw one up at a bird sanctuary in Cairns even shared some breaky with it :)

Thanks for posting

Got to love curlews the lot around here are always stoned, funny crtitters i have no idea why the foxes and cats dont eat them all.

Herped fogg dam the last 2 times I went fishing up there and all I have friggin seen is Toads and Keelbacks, then I had to avoid a fight with one of the locals at the Humpty doo pub. Not one water python for my trouble.........Beautiful place at Sunset though........

Do you see many BHPs in the local area to Fogg dam

Thanks guys It was a good night i was bored so I thought i would take a run,

The little water python was a ripper....very quiet too.

I would have gone to Windows on the Wetlands but it always depresses me how many water pythone are roadkill.

I have seen a big BHP in Kakadu.

So there are Water pythons there afterall, good work all I saw at Fogg Dam was childrens, burtons and keelbacks was an interesting keelback thats about it,
KeelbackFoggDam103.jpg

Shane

Herped fogg dam the last 2 times I went fishing up there and all I have friggin seen is Toads and Keelbacks, then I had to avoid a fight with one of the locals at the Humpty doo pub. Not one water python for my trouble.........Beautiful place at Sunset though........

Do you see many BHPs in the local area to Fogg dam

Same here (well 1 hatchie after many many hours there), we later discovered that the actual dam wall is not the best place to find them though.
Haha Shane, I won't believe it till I see it!

I just wanted to save the trubble of someone to ask seeing pics lol, + i thought he looked cool
shame I cant clame that fogg dam water python because i was working at the time you and matt found it lol

lol how timeas have changed...

when i lived in Darwin in 02-03, Fogg Dam had more waters than you could poke a stick at..
i never saw the Childrens or Keelbacks,,, but a heap of Mulgas...
I will be up there again in Chrissy to see all the relo's so there and Humpty Doo pub are on th list...

any Cane Toads made it to there yet guzzo?

Mulgas?! That would be awesome, unfortunately the place is crawling with toads now. I was certainly surprised at the lack of herps we found up there, sad to see.

Fogg Dam is over run with toads but it doesn't seem to effect the amount of frogs there....plenty of Roth's and Dahl's which bring out the owls and night herons! Was a huge shock to only see one water python in two nights there! Didn't expect to see childrens there but did. There is no shortage of A. temporalis during the day time either! Fogg Dam definatly is a beautiful, must see place!

Hi Dan, Matt and Shane,

Despite being warm up here all the time our reptiles are still seasonal, with their preferred time slot, just like they are in temporate areas and just like barramundi :p. At certain times of the year you'll be lucky to see a single herp, then you'll be finding keelbacks hand over fist, then you'll start finding pythons, small elapids, legless lizards... rah rah rah!

The reptiles are definately still there, you just need to work out their patterns and you'll be tripping over them.

Hi Dan, Matt and Shane,

Despite being warm up here all the time our reptiles are still seasonal, with their preferred time slot, just like they are in temporate areas and just like barramundi :p. At certain times of the year you'll be lucky to see a single herp, then you'll be finding keelbacks hand over fist, then you'll start finding pythons, small elapids, legless lizards... rah rah rah!

The reptiles are definately still there, you just need to work out their patterns and you'll be tripping over them.

It only seemed to be the Dam that wasn't a success with reptiles...only needed to travel a short distance away to find areas that were crawling with water pythons and other herps.

I'm so jealous! Our trips there only yielded 2 glimpses of keelbacks, a black whip snake that was half way through shedding and a zillion mosquitos!

It only seemed to be the Dam that wasn't a success with reptiles...only needed to travel a short distance away to find areas that were crawling with water pythons and other herps.

See, just gotta work them out. They are always there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back