toothpaste and stuff

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilie

Reaction score
OK, my 11 and 12 year olds just told me they`ve seen on snakebite tv or something like that, that if you have a snappy little snake, just put toothpaste on your hands and it wont tag you ???? So what about that??? Just put your hans in the enclosure though, don't pick it up

Heard the same about clove oil, but knowing how it burns the hell out of my mouth when i have a tooth ache i dont think id like to inflict that much pain on my little stimmi.

yeah he says snakes dont like the taste of alcahol from mouthwash, its to help them release if they have a good grip on your hand/finger ect. i havnt seen the bit bout the toothpaste but he did test alot of methods and none worked to STOP them biting you... although i may have missed an ep.

same if you have hand sanitizer, waft it under there noses, little drop near their mouth and they'll let go..

I always use hand sanitizer before handling, not to stop biting but to stop transfering any germs to the snake. Although I must say I have never been bit "yet", this maybe the reason.

I was told vinegar by a lovely person on this site , it works . My snappy , guarenteed to bite everytime spotted now only bites when she gets to my elbow , cause I guess thats where the vinegar stops lol .

More worried about getting him off my finger without damaging the mouth than an actual bite.

I was told vinegar by a lovely person on this site , it works . My snappy , guarenteed to bite everytime spotted now only bites when she gets to my elbow , cause I guess thats where the vinegar stops lol .

run a bath of vinegar jump in just before handeling, lol
i didnt know the vinegar one.... interesting

Whew,a vinegar bath.wow.stinky to say the least...........like a giant pickled onion.hahahahahahaah.

I always use hand sanitizer before handling, not to stop biting but to stop transfering any germs to the snake. Although I must say I have never been bit "yet", this maybe the reason.

Yer I don't think so it hasn't stopped 1 of mine. It still bites me

I always use hand sanatiser, I haven't been tagged yet, My snakes have bitten others, not me yet, had a few close calls. One day ill get tagged. and hopefully get pics to post on here.

Isnt vinegar supposed to be good when applied to severe sunburn?

No Vinegar is an acid and can do the same type of damage like putting oil onto a burn the best way to help a burn is water to begin with then aloe vera or papaya oitment.

I have heard of water or mouthwash is a good to release a snake from your body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back