Touchy Subject?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MattQld83 said:
Ive recently been burnt by one pet shop who sold me some rotten frozen mice, all of which i had to bin. these were from a very well known company, i think it was a issue in transit over a long distance.

Lesson learnt, avoid petshops that arent getting there frozen rodents from a local breeder.

Matt

had the same problem down here but they have now changed the packaging and it seems to have fixed the problem.. if its the same company

We've have never had any problems getting ours from QLD. But that won't be a thing anymore as we have just found a local breeder where we will now stock up our supplies from. :D

peterescue said:
Lets face it. Most people who feed live either do it because they get a kick out of watching it or makes them feel a lot more macho owning a snake that kills for it dinner.

Quite rightly said peter, IMO there is no reason what so ever to feed any captive snake live food & anyone that is having difficulity in getting their snake to feed on dead should seek help from a more experinced keeper in their area.
Dont know about Aus but in the Uk it's illegal to feed anything living with a back bone.
Insect's have an exoskeleton so your ok feeding them.

I also heard that live feedings can increase the possibility of being tagged (as the snake is used to hunting/striking at living, moving objects), not sure how correct that one might be?

Also, a friend of mine had a snake die after a live feeding, we later found out that the petshop had just sprayed all the mice for lice/bugs etc as these live mice are being sold as PETS not food, their FEEDER mice are sold frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back