townsville herping- good to visit new home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShnakeyGirl

Reaction score
Well my fiance Jeff (Reptilianguy) and I have been in Townsville for the last 5 days and have seen some awesome herps. We're up here for another couple of days so hopefully we'll get to see some more. Has been a an awesome experience so far and have had a great time, don't have the transport at ready for the herping we want but with a little of Jeff's local knowledge the limited backyarding has been fun...

we have many pics so give me a bit.

bgts 1st sight.jpgbgts close up.jpg
Rollingstone- blue phase Green Tree Snake

coastal carpet head.jpgcoastal carpet tree.jpg
Coastal Carpet Python

eastern dtella thumb 2.jpg
Eastern Dtella

brahminy twist n dive.jpg
Brahminy Kite

forest kingfisher.jpg
Forest Kingfisher

lovely fairy wren nest 2.jpg
nesting- Lovely Fairy Wren

whistling kite cloud.jpg
Whistling Kite

wedge tailed  E clouds.jpg
Wedge Tailed Eagle

scorpian bottle cap.jpgscorpian.jpg
Scorpian, unknown type

sea eagle tarpon.jpgsea eagle fish carcass.jpg
White Bellied Sea Eagle. a distance shot in haze carrying a tarpon, the second with a mangrove jack frame...

thats it so far this trip. tommorrow is maggie island so hopefuly some more encounters there..

yeah it's one of my favourie spots... occasionally the odd salty will pass through, found no identified elapids but we think we encountered some yellow faced whipies while spotlighting a creek for brown trees and keelies but arent to sure of what they we're and had no good photo opps for those 2 sightings but for 9 at nite it was a sweet rush... but yeah good fun all round... may post pics of our trip to maggie island.

Great photos!!
I love that place.

Ryan is right, the northern dtella is a Asian house gecko.
The northen dtella does not have 3 or 4 rows of spines going down its tail.

When i went there in July.
We traveled from Port Douglas right up to Cooktown and everywhere we stayed there was Asian house geckos, even in the daintree.

Thanks for that guys, we weren't too sure if they were Asian House Geckos or Dtellas.

Fantastic finds, especially the coastal carpet... but did you see any green tree frogs??? I hear they are very common in Townsville...

Nice pictures! I like the lacie pic, looks like he was having a good climb right ontop of the branches

Nice pictures! I like the lacie pic, looks like he was having a good climb right ontop of the branches

we've actually got nice pics for our port-folio of it jumping onto another branch... it's quite impressive... but we have no program to personalise the image/s so not to inclined to post it along with many more...
all pics we post are only B grade so everyone can have a squiz at things out there and around them.

thanks for all the replies to.

jeff

I live in Townsville,

And there are Asian House Geckos running around our house and oustside you cant really go outside without seeing one! Are asian house Geckos Worth anything? Because There is heeps almost too many!. We also have lots of green tree frogs in our garden including white lipped green tree frogs and red-eyed green tree frogs!

You can't legally sell wild caught herps, at least not from Qld.
A permit is required to do so.

Oh thx for that I wasnt aware there was a rule im not sure if my licence covers it or not I will have to check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back