Trangender/ freaks? Too young?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry adults choosing a lifestyle choice for themselfs is one thing, thats up to them.

But kids Um no...

Any parents that indulge the child in this are actually harming the child.

theres nothing wrong with horserules opinions,

but i disagree, if you met this familty, and these people in real life. it would be different.

traditional values arent necessarily right, 50 years ago it was legal to shoot aboriginals.

More traditional values i like to think of it as.

LOL do you also support those "straight camps" where if you just pray enough, God will take away your gayness? My favourite story about one of the biggest of those organisations in the US was when the two men who set it up ran off together! :lol:

But seriously, condemning a kid for feeling a certain way and telling them that their feelings are "wrong" is more than just "traditional values" - it is really damaging. I agree with waruikazi's point about transgender and homosexuality not always being connected, but as an example, the rate of suicide among gay teens is far higher than among straight teens.

I'd be ashamed of my child being a chick if it was a dude

Wow, I can't believe that! I think it would take a LOT more than my son wearing a dress to make me feel seriously ashamed of him.

I don't really understand the transgender thing on a medical/psychological level - if it is something that can be completely "cured" in the short and long term then I believe it should be seen to at a very young age, because it's true that their lives would be harder as transgender individuals, which seems like a needless waste if it's not permanently imprinted in them.

But if it is, and it could very well be (and I personally would give the individual the benefit of the doubt) - then so be it.

If so, I honestly don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. You wouldn't be ashamed if your kid was gay (and I'm not saying that transgenders are gay) because that's just the way they are and have been from a young age. What's the difference here?

I'd be more ashamed if my kid was a homophobe fascist bigot.

A 2 year old child saying they are not the right sex and having pparents encourage it, that is going to confuse the child, I am NOT saying this condition doesnt exists but I think the parents should wait until the child is old enough to truly undestand and then let it make its own decision.
A child of 2-5 I dont believe has the capacity to understand and make those kind of decisions. It the parents who have made the decision for them.
What if it is just a phase the child is going to grow up very very confused.

Yes these kids need therapy, but from well respected therapists, we all know that some therapists have been known to do more harm than good just because of what they believe is right . (did that make sense).

Glidergirl, these kids were just known as tomboys when we were growing up. Don't make a big deal about it, let your little boy wear dresses, let your little girl cut her hair short and play with trucks; when they understand the concept of sexuality they can decide from there.

Glidergirl, these kids were just known as tomboys when we were growing up. Don't make a big deal about it, let your little boy wear dresses, let your little girl cut her hair short and play with trucks; when they understand the concept of sexuality they can decide from there.

Exactly. At that age, all we're talking about are clothes and toys anyway.

Sorry but it needs to be said,

If the parents are facilitating this then any wonder the kid is confused.

If they were meant to be the opposite sex they would have been born that way, instead they were born the sex they are.

Sorry but any parent that supports this kind of crap is being irresponsible.

except there have been medical studies (including autopsies of the brain) going back to the 60's that show this is real.
"if they were meant to blah blah Blah" so you discourage any medical correction of any kind for a child? because "if they were meant to be born any other way"??
you're towing a dangerous line there.

Future cross-dressers LOL I'd be ashamed of my child being a chick if it was a dude

do you have children? have they grown up yet? you may yet be in for a surprise ;)

sexuality can't be "cured" the.badger.. you are what you are.. you can choose to be different once you're an adult, but few people would willingly go against their own nature.

I find the fact that a parent could be ashamed of their child's sexual identity appalling.
but then, parents are people, and people tend to be stupid about things that don't' align with their world view

people tend to be stupid about a great many things ;)

I wonder, have there been any cases where a child (they are known to be fickle) has been indulged in his/her desire to be the opposite sex, only to have that child change his/her mind down the track and want to go back? I can't be bothered to research it but has anyone heard of this happening?

As an aside, I have a similar condition. I was born a poor person, but I know in my heart I was meant to be wealthy. Since everyone here is so understanding and compassionate about these types of conditions, I would like start collecting donations for my "Wealth Reassignment" surgery. I require large injections of cash on a regular basis and they are very expensive. Any help would be appreciated!

I wonder, have there been any cases where a child (they are known to be fickle) has been indulged in his/her desire to be the opposite sex, only to have that child change his/her mind down the track and want to go back? I can't be bothered to research it but has anyone heard of this happening?

As an aside, I have a similar condition. I was born a poor person, but I know in my heart I was meant to be wealthy. Since everyone here is so understanding and compassionate about these types of conditions, I would like start collecting donations for my "Wealth Reassignment" surgery. I require large injections of cash on a regular basis and they are very expensive. Any help would be appreciated!

LOL!!!

Hey I think I might have the same condition too Akira... ;) :p

I really dont think that theres anything wrong with it myself,It all depends on what they feel most comfortable in,myself i rather comfort than fashion so if i think guys clothes are more comfortable ill wear them I dont really give a crap what people think or say.In this case its a disorder for them they didnt choose it,I reckon its wrong for anyone to be labelled a freak whether its a decision of theirs or not.:x

those photos are cute :) she is a cute lil girl regardless of whats under her dress.
a chick at school was determined to live her life as a boy. she takes all the pills etc so that she has a lower voice and body hair.
some of her features are still very soft/girlish but she looks pretty much like a man (cept for downstairs)
do whatever makes ya happy ;) if the kid grows up and goes you know what i actually wanna be a boy, then she/he can?

I watched all 5 and I found it very interesting. I think that there is nothing wrong with being a transgender person, but I feel sorry for them. Imagine how much they would be bullied and teased :(

im with everyone else here..

personlly i see nothing wrong with it.
Ive worked with SE children before an some of the conditions these kids have to live with is a sad sight.
there is one boy i tend to work with a bit. hes only 8 is blind in 1 eye, completely deaf, born with out a voice box an has to be fed with a tube.

this boy has learned how to comunicate using signing.....
and is now slowly learning to read and write.

if anyone here has done any work with SE children you will understand that any mental condition is NOT a phase.
unlike ms spears trip to the phyic ward with a shaved head - thats a phase.

i can understand a majority of the older members on here have the shallow unaccepting point of view with the what i say goes attuide...

honestly think to yourself.
would you be ashamed?

put it in a 50/50 choice
what would you be ashamed about

your lil boy really wants to be a lil girl.

or later in life your lil boy becomes a man an is then convicted of rape an murder........

i know which one i would hang my head in shame about.

i just feel sorry for the little kid because its horrible to imagine what they will go through growing up from other school parents and children

its really good the parents are so accepting

It's funny that many of the people on here who are saying "Imagine how much they will get teased at school" are parents. I think as a parent it is our job to teach our kids to be accepting and tolerant of everyone then teasing and bullying will be less of an issue.

I remember watching a doco about a little boy who knew he was a girl in side and wanted his parents help - this was from about 2yrs old. His dad just made him do really blokey stuff and would hit him every time he said anything about being a girl, the mother wanted to help(she was the main person on the doco) but let the father treat the boy the way he did. The boy killed him self at the age of 10, physiologists said he would have been extremely depressed due to what he had been through. His father in my opinion killed the little boy!!
This is a condition just like bipolar - schizophrenia - ADD and loads more

Yes there is a case similar to what you are referring to. There was a pair of twins born in the 70's when they were getting circumcised one of the boys accidentally had his penis burnt completely off. He had one of the first gender reassignment procedures and was given hormones and was never told he was a bio boy until he was 15. His whole life he knew something was wrong and felt he was a boy, not a girl as the was brought upto feel. His name was David Reimer and he suicided around 2004 i think. Here's link to a summary of his story http://www.isna.org/faq/reimer

However most doctors wont perform gender reassignment surgery until a patient is 18 but they can get hormone therapy at younger ages to halt puberty.

A 2 year old child saying they are not the right sex and having pparents encourage it, that is going to confuse the child, I am NOT saying this condition doesnt exists but I think the parents should wait until the child is old enough to truly undestand and then let it make its own decision.
A child of 2-5 I dont believe has the capacity to understand and make those kind of decisions. It the parents who have made the decision for them.
What if it is just a phase the child is going to grow up very very confused.

Yes these kids need therapy, but from well respected therapists, we all know that some therapists have been known to do more harm than good just because of what they believe is right . (did that make sense).

A lot of kids with this disorder that aren't 'indulged' (i like to call it supported) suicide before they make it through adolescence. I'm also wondering how young is too young and where to draw the line as far as living as their psychological gender.

But then again, letting them live as they feel most comfortable makes them so happy and it isn't hurting anyone so why should i have a problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back