Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha well i just have one who sees the food and one who is just clueless...

get painteds! not sure how big they grow but i think its about as big as krefts, maybe a little bigger. I couldnt find any when i got my krefts but i recenty discovered that the guy that runs the turtle forum breeds them for a really good price =]

Painteds? Aren't these an exotic? I'm interested to know more about them please.

I've got a rescued ELNT with a fibreglass patch on her shell I'm looking after at the moment and she has been plenty of fun to watch going about her business. For a wild critter she has settled in beautifully, especially considering she was on deaths door when found.

Mine are both hopeless with food, still are not very good at catching fish and tend to just swin into stuff. Still one of my fav animals though.

You are not allowed painteds in vic i dont think.

Last edited:
Painteds? Aren't these an exotic? I'm interested to know more about them please.

australian painted turtles, Emydura subglobosa subglobosa (ranges also include PNG, at least that's what my book says), not the european ones Chrysemys picta

i have got a rescued love him to bits there are great pets. i would love to get a pig nose :D mine can be smart sometimes :)

Macleays are def. the smallest. available each year for about $110.00 ea, but at only a few weeks old, too difficult to rear, without experience.................if by PAINTEDS one means E. subglobosa, but not the illegal exotic,,, they def need heated water, as they come from PNG also. they do not hibernate, but that apart, are remarkably easy to keep...give them lots of outside time in the summer..dry land at that, but only in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back