UPDATED: Disgusting case of neglect (pic heavy)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at these pics I'm furious at how anyone can keep snakes in this condition. What makes me even more furious is that the useless RSPCA did nothing at all
I think you really should go public with this. ACA, 60 minutes, any of those shows.
Well unfortunately unless its about rising grocery prices or the "neighbour from hell" they wont be interested, anyway, I'm sure the public arent in the least bothered that some snakes arent being kept nicely :(

I didnt look at the pics. I couldnt bare to. I just know that everything happens for a reason and you being shown them was the best thing that could of happened. Seriously good work for reporting him. I really really hope this guy gets the full wrath of the law and not a slap on the wrist. Im beyond appalled and am really proud to know people like you are out there willing to make a stand. I hope the matter is dealt with swiftly.

that is disgusting. thats all i can say. i am in shock.

Camdejong- can u please email me your bank details and i will donate something towards the care of these poor pythons..

That's absolutely disgusting. I feel so sorry for those animals, I don't understand why someone would keep snakes that way. I hope that guy gets what's coming to him! Good on you for doing something about this, you no doubt saved the lives of these snakes.

After reading this story i was almost in tears. OMG those pictures, words can not describe my thoughts on them.
Like many of us our hearts bleeds for these neglected beauty's.
I appauded you and your friend for taking the time to look after these animals correctly.
I am disgusted that someone can leave any animal it that type of condition. Let alone leave for 6 weeks and not have someone to care for them.
With the poor performance of the authoritys to do something quickly about it shocks me. If it was a cat, dog or even a horse something would of been done within a few days.
It sickens me to see that their are people in this world that refuse to care for their animals correctly.
Our only wish is that these beautiful snakes are nursed back to full health and can live a happy life under the care of an owner that will provide them with the correct care and love.

thats just disgraceful, i can smell those funky brown pools of snake pee from here. ;(

im not surprised the RSPCA did nothing, since joining this forum ive seen too many stories where they obviously dont give a hoot about anything,..i stopped donating to them after reading about the guy witnessed someone pouring petrol over a live python, and setting it alight, he got pics, passed on the offenders contact details etc to the RSPCA and they still werent interested, i dont think the guy even got fined!!

are there any numbers we can call to let them know more people are taking an interest in their complacent attitude?

man i hope the 'owner' gets some jail time and huge fines for this,..... :(

If it were any other animal without food and water and heat and living in those conditions RSPCA would have taken them straight away and the owner charged with neglect. This disgusts me. I hope he gets what he deserves.

this is disgusting and sad how can people live with them selves when they treat life like this. does anyone know what will happen to the snakes once the owner comes back i hope they go to a good home and dont get put down

Thanks so much for the support and concern everyone, I'm hoping to gain access to the house today and check on the snakes. Particular thanks to those offering help and funding but at this point I think the priority is to make the relevant authorities/media/public aware of this situation and the failures of the system so that the animals get proper veterinary care. I've been able to keep the most serious cases going, apart from one hatchling who will not feed even when prompted by scenting and braining, and is so stunted and weak that I am uncomfortable force feeding. My concern from the start has been the likelihood of euthanasia, as I can't bare the thought of these poor things living such horrible lives and then not being given a chance to find a good home and live happily. I'm keen to contact ACA or 60 minutes and to forward my previous emails and letters to higher RSPCA and DERM authorities and local ministers, but unsure where to start.
I'll keep you all posted whenever I can.
Cam

That's so horrible.

And here I was thinking the RSPCA's slogan was "ALL creatures, great and small".
Yet again they show what a joke they are.

Not sure which is worse in this case, the guy or the authorities...Gather up all email convos, pics and msges and build up the case, thats usually a good start

.....are there any numbers we can call to let them know more people are taking an interest in their complacent attitude?

:(

Yes, A Current Affair, Today Tonight etc.... Sometimes people don't do anything until they're exposed on tv, especially organisations.....animal care in this case. Even ring the talkback radio stations and state the case.

A very sad situation... I dont understand why some people keep animals when they have no respect for them.... This suxs

It was great of you to do something about it. This is horrible.

Any reason why you can't just find his book and let him come home to no snakes? I'm sure there would be many around that would adopt them if they were free to a good home...

Be proud of yourself and good on his flatmate for alerting you to these poor guys.

This is absolutely appalling. Are there any food breeders/pet supplies up that way that could maybe help out? Perhaps if two or three of them donated some food and bedding these guys would have a fighting chance....

Didn't really think of myself as much of a snake lover but to be honest even I had tears in my eyes.....and the poor python with the massive fly sitting on it? *tears

This guy needs to be chained to a collar and locked in a bare room with nothing but a water bowl for a couple of weeks....every other day throw him some scraps and then see how he feels.

Call ray Hadley! It isn't pollitics but he's always willing to point out someone in the wrong

I am located in townsviile and am willing too help in any way, how bout we release the name and address of this pathetic excuse for a human being, me and a few lads would love to pay a freindly visit

Damn thats gotta be placing a lotta extra stress on your life but good on you for helping out the poor buggers. Is it possible for you to get full ownership of the snakes, if so I'm sure there would be a lot of people who would take them off your hands and care for them on here, hell I wasn't planning on getting another snake any time soon but even I'd make room for one in my house just to ensure it has a happy and safe future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back