Uploading images

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterrat

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
I always wondered why my images were fuzzy when I uploaded them through this "manage attachments" here or copy / paste from Photobacket.

First of all, Photobucked is an inferior service that does terrible thing to images, hence I am now using SmugMug (just a personal choice, Flicker is just as good).

Once you have copied you image from SM, instead of copying it straight into the post, click on the "insert image" icon (above) and copy the code there (from URL).

Check out the results:
1241835571_3TnPZ-XL.jpg

Any chance of doing a comparision of the different methods of posting?
Would be good to see the difference in quality of the same image...

That's noticeably crisper. You've inspired me to post pics again.
It's a beaut photo. The iridescent sheen on that Water Python is just marvellous.
The composition and arrangement of the specimen are also very good.

Last edited:
For comparison:

Photobucket
R2227.jpg

APS "manage attachments"

I think the difference is noticeable.

Last edited:
the vBulletin software powering this forum down scales your attached images automatically.. From memory it reduces the quality to 70% of the original. This is a large site and would save on server space. Not good for your handy work though...

Last edited:
the vBulletin software powering this forum down scales your attached images automatically.. From memory it reduces the quality to 70% of the original.

Fair enough but why is it reducing sharpness? Smaller image should be sharper than the same one in larger format.

Anyway, here is a nice gecko.

1241657926_KX849-XL.jpg

It reduces the overall size (bytes) hence the loss in clarity.

Nice amyae btw!

ipernity.com is awesome too, geared more for photographers tho. like an online gallery and network.
this is my page, all of it is customizable its fast and easy to use and they dont touch your image, and the best bit, you can copyright
your images there :)
my ipernity page

Sounds good Natorey. Can you post pics up on forums with this ipernity or is it only a link?
If it's the former can you give us a sample please?

I was always frustrated that my photos looked like garbage on here, so I started uploading them via flickr. Might have to have a look at smugmug and ipernity though. Nice shots Michael.

Flicker is as good if not better than Smugmug. The trick is to copy the code into the "insert pic" square in the tool bar, not into the post.

Apr8201102.jpg

I'm amazed, I can actually understand how to do it......

Last edited:
That's a stunning Jungle Nev. I like the shot too. The reflection in the mirror ads an interesting element to it.
Can you make the image bigger?

Sounds good Natorey. Can you post pics up on forums with this ipernity or is it only a link?
If it's the former can you give us a sample please?
yeah you can copy and paste a link here as a html code into your forum thread or better yet copy the direct image link then paste that into the address section in the built in add image link in the thread options between the subject and the content boxes

these are from ipernity and you can load full sise images , large, small, forum and icon sises
full size dosnt work for me as i have massive pics 15mp min
10262029.b625fbe1.jpg

large
10262029.e79c9117.1024.jpg

blog size
10262029.f7688638.500.jpg

icon/avatar size
10262029.f7688638.100.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that Natorey. By the way, some of your photographs on Ipernity are very good. I like your landscapes and waterfall series in particular.
The image quality on SnugMug, Flicker and Ipernity is superior to other external image hosts and internal image uploads alike.
Thanks guys for the heads-up on this. I'm inspired to post pics again.
Now to choose which one. Decisions, decisions...:)

Dam Photobucket has been down for over 24 hours now, I was reluctant to check out FLickr etc but they have left me little choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back