URGENT HELP NEEDED, Dehydrated bearded dragon, un able to move, but still alive.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest taking ur beardie to the doctor its not the cheapest option but it is the best option, They train for years and know what there doing. If his important to you rush him to the vet....

sorry about ur little guy :( hope he gets better soon!
im not taking any chances with my beardies and blueys today, its 43 degrees here in adelaide so i've moved them all inside. Even though my enclosure has heaps of hides and is cover partly by a tree i can't let my self leave them out there.

sorry about ur little guy :( hope he gets better soon!
im not taking any chances with my beardies and blueys today, its 43 degrees here in adelaide so i've moved them all inside. Even though my enclosure has heaps of hides and is cover partly by a tree i can't let my self leave them out there.

Yeah, the only reason I had him out was because I had to fix the wiring in his enclosure.

He can slightly move his left leg and arm, and neck, I've given him a 50/50 mixture of gatorade and water, and am now going to let that go through his system and let him rest, as I am sure this has all taken a massive strain on his body, Unsure as to whether I should keep him under heat, or uv, any thoughts?

Do you think he has any permanent damage yet or is it to early to tell? I really hope he gets better for you, always sad loosing a pet.

Do you think he has any permanent damage yet or is it to early to tell? I really hope he gets better for you, always sad loosing a pet.

I really have no idea, but from what I can see, yes I would assume there will be some permanent damage. I am extremely suprised he has survived this long.

Dehydration is not the only problem. Micro-organisms, enzymes and cells etc have a certain temperature that they can operate within. Above the safe range usually they will be cooked. This may explain why he is motionless - he has been cooked on the inside.
Goodluck with the little guy - fingers crossed

Good luck with the little guy.. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you as well....

Good old gaterade ayy, lol. I wouldnt put any heat on him tonight as where i am its 28 degrees inside(i dont know about where you are). Good luck with him im sure he will become better.

Hey guys, thanks for all the support, Unfortunately the little guy didn't even make it for his vet appointment. This is a very sad day. I feel so guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back