Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so sorry...

i'm very sorry for your loss, i lost a snake too, he was not well cared for by his owner so we brought it to give it a better life. he had a feed and we thought he was on the mend but next day he was limp and shortly died from gut compaction.
its like losing family
the only thing i would suggest to any one else who experences this is to maybe put the snake in a warm (37 degrees?) bath, this would only be a tempoary treatment but it will warm the snake and the water will help take some of the pressure off the snakes organs (keep the head above water if he cant) it may buy you some time till you can contact a vet

Sorry to hear Birdnherps,
Its true, it is like family.
Its horrible. though its good that there are people like you guys that are willing to take an animal and try your hardest to give it a better life than what it had!
thank you for the advise.

Another thought could be the food. Even though you have used the same food before, who knows what happened from the initial laboratory freezing...to transport...to delivery and receival by the pet shop...then storage. Apparently it's not uncommon for them to not be completely frozen on arrival (even if its only 1 or 2), so maybe this one was, for example, in a truck who's refigeration wasn't operating the best that day or in the top corner of the box at the back of he truck next to a constantly opening door so being the first one to thaw enough to send it bad compounded by it being refrozen and then thawed again.

About the cost of a autopsy,i recently got a baby Water python autopsy done,and all up with the pathogy report etc was $180..Im still waiting for the seller to cough up some $$$ considering ive spend $380 for the snake and then the autopsy,all i have now is a vet bill...

keep in fridge cooled, as already said not frozen.

mine cost i think about $40-$50, and then more on time if they have to do pathology checks with slides etc.

Cheers

I'm so sorry for your loss, its so sad! At least you did have seven good years with him and you did you're very best for him.

what a beautiful snake, i'm so sorry u lost her, must be devastating after having her for so long,.. :(

hope ur ok..... :(

i'm so sorry for you loss. from your pictures Akiva was very well loved and you gave him an amazing life. rip little snakey

results are in...
nothing was out of the ordinary, at all... infact he has some of the 'healthiest organs the vet has ever seen'.
the only thing different was he had a slightly thickened stomach wall from where he didnt eat for a long time when he was sick ages ago.
so still no idea, but at least i know it was nothing ive done wrong.

thanks for the kind words and support everyone :)

It must be a relief to confirm that nothing was your fault! Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back