Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where abouts in Newcastle do you live as there is a herp vet at West Wallsend and Ive heard there is also one at Mount Hutton?? I know its to late now but its handy to know vet locations should the need for one arise!!

Where abouts in Newcastle do you live as there is a herp vet at West Wallsend and Ive heard there is also one at Mount Hutton?? I know its to late now but its handy to know vet locations should the need for one arise!!

Thanks.
i live in the middle of town, near the beach.
i knew of the vet at Mt Hutton and ive had alot of trouble with them and this perticular snake in the past...
and the Westie one is about 30 - 45 drive from my place. plus peak hr traffic.
i figured it would be best to keep him on the heat until id at least made sure i could get in somewhere, rather then having him in a bag in the car while im in a traffic jam.
thanks for the heads up about the vets tho.

I've heard of snakes with poor bone structure breaking ribs and damaging other parts while feeding. I wonder if this might be the case if he already had bone troubles. This particular feed might have happened to hit the wrong spot.

In any case at least he had 8 good years he otherwise wouldn't have because you took him in and cared for him.

What surprises me is the snake had a feed that night,if there was something wrong with the snake i wouldve thought it wouldve eaten.Anyhow im sorry for your loss,i recently had a snake die that i only had for 9 days...

What surprises me is the snake had a feed that night,if there was something wrong with the snake i wouldve thought it wouldve eaten.Anyhow im sorry for your loss,i recently had a snake die that i only had for 9 days...

aww im sorry to hear :( its always so sad.

i thought the same thing, unhealthy snakes arent usually keen for a feed. thats why i was so surprised that he died so quickly.
maybe Choco was right and he hurt himself coz of the existing bone problems, or maybe there was something wrong with the food...?
never know.

To be honest, i dont know.

was sold to me as a coastal carpet.

but since, ive been told its an intergrade, and a diamond and that it is a coastal....
so heres some pics. what do ya reckon??

Attachments

• Akiva.jpg
    Akiva.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 78
  • user15083_pic10050_1234337809.jpg
    user15083_pic10050_1234337809.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 77
  • user15083_pic10053_1234337928.jpg
    user15083_pic10053_1234337928.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 104
  • user15083_pic12412_1239339612.jpg
    user15083_pic12412_1239339612.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 78
So sorry for your loss. Must have been devastating to see! Looks like a beautiful python.

Hey, very sorry for your loss. I do know how u feel.

However, not knowing exactly what happened to her, it may be worth getting an autopsy done. THere not that expensive, and then at least youd know.

Cheers
Colby

Terrible Loss for you!
I have a python that looks exactly the same as yours. I've been told by alot of people that she is a hybrid Jungle cross Diamond . And she was sold to me as a coastal carpet. I agree you should get an autopsy done, better to know then question it forever.
Good Luck.

By looking at those pictures i would say it was a Port Mac Diamond,

hi mate, i had this happen to a olive of mine earlier this year
was fine. came home at night and found same thing, upside down like a bit of string, only way i could tell she was breathing was when i opened her mouth and could see her breathing, no tounge flicking nothing, big gasps of breath every 5 mins or so.

i put her under HIGH heat under a spotlight on a tile, by high i meant he heat was around 35-45 deg hot spot rotated between the 2 hieghts.
she came good after being under the light after about 6hours, started being able to move
finally wetn to bed, woke up half way threw the night (about 14hours after i found her the way she was) and she was coming along good, tougne flicking back and moving around freely
took her another 12 hours after that to loose the looseness & puffyness she had
shes now good as gold and you would never know it happend to her

oh also, gave her some water threw a syrenge and also pumped some air into her air duct with a syrenge from time to time, once a hour or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back