Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nah barbed wire didn't.
no reptile vets near wherei am either.
but nothing has happened since.
she eats fine now, infact shes a guts, and also moves around fine, no visible defects on her toungue, no repitry infections no nothing, sheds fine everything. puzzled me and alot of other people as to what happened.
considering i was out all day, so nothing went in or out of the reptile room and every other reptile was fine.
big scare anyways thats for sure

i also feed my own food so i know it wasnt the food from me, BUT the olive had been fed a day old chicken purchased from a pet shop about a week or so before, which may/maynot have had anything to do with it, hard to tell

any chance that anyone sprayed anything in the room? deoderents or anything?
wasnt given any medication at all? enclosure wasnt sprayed with TOD or anything?

i also feed my own food so i know it wasnt the food from me, BUT the olive had been fed a day old chicken purchased from a pet shop about a week or so before, which may/maynot have had anything to do with it, hard to tell

Ive had a lot of suggestions saying it could have been a food poisoning thing, but ive never had a problem with the place i get them, ive been going there since he hatched. and they havent changed anything with their food, they've always killed them the same way and breed them in back of store.
i dunno. its really weird.
it makes me wonder if it was a stroke or heart attack or something...
:?

do a autopsy if you really want to put your mind at rest, bout the only thing u can do now

na he was fine in the morning, and i was the only one home all day.
i was sitting on the couch doing tafe work, and he was fine when i left to get my bf from work (coz i always say bye :)), i came back an hour later and he was a shoelace.
nothing was sprayed or anything.

I took on a Water Dragon with pretty severe metabolic, gave him plenty of UV and calcium, and his spine firmed up. Cool little guy used to swim with me in the pool (as best he could) and just chill out with me. The little fella died one day and I was just happy to have had him knowing I gave him the best care I could get/give.
At least you can know that you did the same, and remember the eight good years you had.

All the best anyway.

hehe. im sure they will have an endless supply of juicy rats, sunny days and substrate that never gets poo in it, in snakey heaven!
If i end up getting an autopsy done ill post up what the verdict was.
ive still gotta talk the boyfriend into fronting the bill. :shock:

I took on a Water Dragon with pretty severe metabolic, gave him plenty of UV and calcium, and his spine firmed up. Cool little guy used to swim with me in the pool (as best he could) and just chill out with me. The little fella died one day and I was just happy to have had him knowing I gave him the best care I could get/give.
At least you can know that you did the same, and remember the eight good years you had.

All the best anyway.

im glad your little dragon came good :) i can just imagine him diving off the highboard and going for a swim. lol.
thanks for the kind words.

OMG so very sorry to hear that. You gave Akiva 7 more loved years than the breeder was going to give him. RIP lil soldier:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back