Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey phil i have a mate in fitzroy with hatchies for sale at the moment if you are interested let me know and i will forward his number to you

Take care
Matt

I've kept a few of these guys and I love em to death. At the moment i've got two hatchies (the ones on the herp shop). Their pretty easy to keep but the little guys can sometimes demand a lot of time. Hot basking spot, plenty of SECURE branches and hollow logs and lots of food. Don't make the mistake of having branches just placed in the enclosure, I've already lost one from it being crushed by a branch that I thought was secure. I would give adults as much climbing space as you can because mine love to climb. A lot of keepers recommend at least 1m square to keep them in. I plan to set up a little breeding project with these guys and am looking at enclosures around 150 L x 75 D x 90cm H.

I would be very interested if anyone has some really nice animals. Matt I would love that guys email if you have it.

Good luck phil

:D Thats a nice freckled monitor there pike there similar in colour in parts of QLd such as MT Perry with less orange and pink to redish spots through the lighter colour.Caught one at alice springs that was the drab brown variety tristis and saw one at mataranka springs that was like a freckled although less colourful than the eastern varieties. :D

Hey guys I have a quick question.
Check out the V.T. Orientalis hatchies available. Would you call that adult male a tristis tristis or a tristis orientalis?
I've got 2 hatchies from those adults but I reckon they could be classed as V. T. Tristis. Would love to know what the other keepers of these animals think.
Simo

t.tristis are black headed forms and o.tristis are freckled or spotted form, you sure that pic isnt o.tristis. I would say by looking at it it is.

Craig

oh, just relised i was only on page one...im refering to the pic on the first page that says its t.tristis., look to me like a O.tristis like the one on this page :)

craig

Yea I would have said the one on the previous page was just a North Western Freckled (assuming that's where it's from). To me it's got too much colour and too many spots to be t.tristis. Either way it's beautiful and womas you can feel free to get me one of the same!

vtristis-juv.jpg

varanustristisorientalisbaby.jpg

tristis_1_med.jpg

varanustrististristis.jpg

tristis11.jpg

Beautiful Animal.........sigh, one day! :D

The third pic down instar........thats what call a hot Orientalis!!!; very similar to speciems seen west of Mt Isa.....

hey indicus do you know of anyone keeping really nice tristis/t.orientalis in captivity. I am looking for some really nice animals to add to begin a breeding colony.

Sim

There are some very nice orientallis around, their colour range is pretty awesome.

Yeah me :D

sobrien said:
hey indicus do you know of anyone keeping really nice tristis/t.orientalis in captivity. I am looking for some really nice animals to add to begin a breeding colony.

Sim

Ok then Boa, prove it with pictures :D :twisted: If you are right your prize is letting me buy them from you :D

I can certainly show you photo's but I wont be able to pick up my prize as they are most definitely not for sale. :)

raspberries...oh well I look forward to the piccies, that's the next best thing.

This is my male orientalis, he is very lonely and needs a mate so anyone with a lone female can they please get in touch :D
orientalis.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back