Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tooben

Reaction score
hi all has anyone got any photos of bites from any kind of venomous snakes. if so can you share them with us . thanks

i dont think many people that get bitten by vens would worry about getting a picture. lol

i have seen a few around but the easiest way to see them is just google, google and more google. on youtube theres a great movie of some tool photographer who thinks hes a snake handler getting tagged by a cobra sp. shows his time in hospital aswel.

have a read of this and a look at the pics..... VERY NASTY!!!

Its a rattlesnake bite victim in the USA....

WARNING: those with weak stomachs can click on the link and read the story, but DONT click on the pictures page! :)

http://www.rattlesnakebite.org/

those photos were f'ed up,, ewwwwww, it makes me wanna vomit lol
thanks matt 4 showin us all NOTTT HAHA

its a good site for those thinking about getting venomus snakes. unfortunatly for aussies wishing to keep venomus snakes the ones commonly avaible are extreamly dangerous elapids such as tigers, browns, collets and even red bellys. and its a good thing to look at that site and relise if you get bitten by a tiger, brown or black chances are your going to have the same kind of story if you live to tell it

correct me if I'm wrong but don't most people live to tell their story of RBBS bites?

yeh theres either no or 2 recorded deaths cnt memba but still black snakes are known for there large amounts of Haemotoxic enzymes in there venom which would have nasty affects such as gangreen and go to hack on the lining of blood vessels. either way whether u live or die is not what i was mainly refering to it was more the fact that if u get bitten by a ven in aus wether its a pet or wild its not going to be as simple as just going to hospital and leaving that night

That may be the case sometimes but not all times. Not sure of how much truth there was too it but I watched a doco of a guy getting tagged by a coastal tai and he was out of hospital the next day. But yes, what you say is right. Getting tagged by an aussie elapid wouldn't be nice. But i certainly wouldnt like to get done by any sort of rattler or viper

I dont think there has been any rbb bites recorded as fatal. Apparently there was in infant some time back but it wasnt confirmed as a rbb bite or something like that.

Correct me if im wroung but although the rbb are considered highly venemous, the toxicity of the venom isnt considered to be a fatal dose. Their venom doesnt effect the cns but attacks muscle tussue.

do most venomous snake bites look like that?? i haven't seen to many but i regulary catch reptiles (inc snakes) from my backyard to release in the bush ( because i have a little sis that likes snakes but doesnt know the cifference between a ven and a python)and i certainly do NOT want my arm to look like that!!!

I thought it looked interesting to see all of the muscle exposed, didnt look too disgusting imo.

They had to cut open his arm to relieve the pressure.

do most venomous snake bites look like that?? i haven't seen to many but i regulary catch reptiles (inc snakes) from ym backyard to release in the bush and i certainly do NOT want my arm to look like that!!!

Rattlers and other true adders have different venom than most aussie elapids. They cause necrosis real bad like in those pics. So no i don't think an aussie bite would look like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back