Very Cheap Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

This enclosure took less than half an hour to make and $45 [apprx.] its a 94 litre tub $19.95 from the cheap shop, 25 mm square aluminium tube $23.00 at bunnings [for 3 meters] and 4 plastic corner joiners $3.60 [4] the aluminium tube is cut and literally knocked together then screwed on to the tub through the top rolled over finishing lip, your plastic glass track glued down, cut your glass BINGO FINISHED 25 mins if you are handy, and the pic. shows a well advanced 3 month old woma in there, so l reckon he could comfortably live in there for a year in a very easy to clean or replace enclosure....cheers solar 17

Attachments

• 16032008195.jpg
    16032008195.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,142
Ventilation

Ventilation is at the back of the tub. There are a series of holes drilled in the back, as many as you require.

You can also add a heat cord and thermostat easily to make this a fully portable thermostatically controlled environment.

Looks great. I agree with imalizard that wouldn't it need some ventilation, looks a bit stuffy in there:)? Should be easy enough to fix. The part that would slow me down would be the glass front, which presumably would have to be cut professionally?

Do you propose using a cord or mat to heat it?

How flat does it sit: does the alum frame at the front tilt it up at the front or is the bottom part of the frame flush with the base of the container?

Mate thats great i'm just getting toether a set up for hatcling bredli, and thats given me a good direction to head...

Ben

Good idea Solar, i was thinking of building something similar, but i was going to use timber instead of the aluminium.

Hey Solar 17,

Great enclosure at a rock bottom price.
I will give you double the cost of the enclosure plus freight if you leave that ugly woma in there for me;):lol:

Go on, you know you want to.:lol:

Seriously, nice enclosure, would look great in a bank of 3 or 6.

Neil

Oh NCHERPS,
I am generous but NOT THAT generous !:shock:
Solar 17

The previous ventilation statement is a bit critical, as you can put as many holes in the back of the enclosure, and have as much ventilation as you want for your "special critter". The holes that are in this one don't show up in the photo.

Awesome idea, very easy to make and clean, plus is lightweight if you need to shift things around.

Nice :)

great work solar 17. You would get great ventilation from the holes in the back and so easy to clean.

yeah Grafton Chic ... I wish I was handy too. Would even put up with a fella if he would build me snake houses :)

that is awesome!!!!...

how much for the glass? and can you cut it your self?.

Cheap enclosure

l cut the glass myself so it was next to zippo but it's only 3mm but if you were to buy it retail in 4mm it would probably cost around $40.00 [full retail]...l always grab any glass l can at garage sales...cheers solar 17

cheap enclosures

SORRY. l am not making these to sell for those that e-mailed me, l just put the idea out there..DIY....cheers solar 17

Are they stackable?

If not, how would you make them stackable?

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back