Very Cheap Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cheap enclosures

HIX..it would be very easy to stack them or make them in banks of two, three or four, but it would be fixed or make them individually stackable...cheers solar 17

wow

wow what a great idea
i am thinking of trying it just to c what it will look like if i made 1
lol(not very good at making things) so thanks for posting that :)

Great Idea

WOW! why didn't I think of that !

I need one, maybe two, ok.........three or four of these

EXCELLENT !:lol:

Hey , that's a good & bright idea Solar17 .

Great looking enclosure. Something to help you reduce costs even more, if you go to Capral or a similar aluminium supplier a 6.4 metre length of the square tube will cost you $23.

Be aware that plastic provides very little insulation so you will have to compensate for heat loss. We use plastic tubs with the sliding door track just glued straight onto the tub for growing out GTPs but they are kept in heated rooms. I have found that there is too much temperature loss in ambient rooms particularly with smaller tubs because when you up the heat scouce to compensate for heat loss you lose any temperature gradient. We are experimenting with using plastic tubs as inserts in timber racks where the timber provides insulation and the plastic insert provides the water resistance for animls which require higher humidity.

Great idea Solar17 & great looking Woma by the way.

Cheers
dave

um moose,they would still be in tubs,lol,but i get what u mean,very good idea solar,great for gex and animals u can use heat tape ect with

um moose,they would still be in tubs

...oh...so true! :lol: ...... I sort of meant to say you'd have better viewing of an animal behind the glass instead of trying to see it through a container lid (and yes, I realize you shouldn't keep elapids in front opening tanks...BUT I AM! ;))

The other thing I like about this idea is you could set your daylight lighting behind the tank instead of in it. It'd light the enclosure up beautifully!! I really like this idea! Thanks again for sharing

i sort of had an idea for that for keeping elapids however the top stayed at the top!!! thats pretty cool, im gonna attempt to give it ago!

what would you do for UV light and heating???
how would you attach to the tub?
but awsome idea i love it!!!

Gr8 Idea Sola

WOW what an idea -i am going to copy your idea for my monitor hatchies - xcellent:p:p:p

I hate rubix cubes there to stressing how can you have one ?

....PS Its looks cold in there i got the same questions as Hydro_moun15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back