very important !!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scam7278

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
BBQ RULES

We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
Routine...
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert .
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.
Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
More routine...
(6) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he ***** the meat .
Important again:
(8 ) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
More routine...
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ', and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.

If i was treated thet way by my man, thered be a different kind of sausage on the BBQ

So true I feel like I wrote it:shock::lol:,

the only thing i would change is the woman puts the meat on the grill and cooks it ;)

Pretty accurate.
When the man isn't home, I manage to put the meat on the BBQ, prepare more food, turn meat, set the table, then remove and serve meat - all without beer! Amazingly, no one recognises this remarkable achievement.

At least when I cook the barbie, the meat doesn't get put on the grill until the hotplate is actually hot...go figure!!!!

lol...how true is that.

What gets me with men who cook on the BBQ is that they constantly keep flipping over the meat.

LOL very funny, but I can't really accuse my chef husband of that. He did whole BBQ himself last night on his only night off, bless him...

LOL very funny, but I can't really accuse my chef husband of that. He did whole BBQ himself last night on his only night off, bless him...
It's the same at other peoples BBQs too.
As the token chef you normally get handed the tongs before you get handed a cold one or forcibly remove the tongs from the iron grip of whoever is trying their hardest to make the meat drier than the charcoal its being cooked over.

lol...how true is that.

What gets me with men who cook on the BBQ is that they constantly keep flipping over the meat.

Duh! Thats to make them LOOK like they are actually doing something and look like they are doing more work than there really is, and look like they are helping out with dinner (when its the easiest, simplest job of all - not much effort involved)... Its all about creating the ILLUSION that its hard and a man's job...So he gets more credit :lol:

Pretty accurate.
When the man isn't home, I manage to put the meat on the BBQ, prepare more food, turn meat, set the table, then remove and serve meat - all without beer! Amazingly, no one recognises this remarkable achievement.

What remarkable achievement?
Doing all that work and drinking beer at the same time would be impressive.
1 hand for beer, 1 hand for work.

Hahaa, That's why i usually have the bbq at mine. my house, my rules. my bbq, so i cook it. i bought the meat, so i dont need any tom dick or harry telling me how the final result will be. most of the time i volenteer at anyone elses house too. i get in early cos it keeps me busy, being a woman i can multi task. so cooking the bbq, drinking beer, smoking and making conversation comes easliy. sure beats the pants off the man stabbing at my steak then getting distracted by his beer and forgetting about my steak. I dont let my ego about my cooking ability get in the way of someone elses chicken kababs, i know i'm bloody good at cooking the bbq.
ren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back