Very Unexpected!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IsaHerpLvrs

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So was doing the weekly feed today and to my surprise this is wat i found......had no idea she was even gravid!! 8 nice big eggs! Not bad for a first clutch for both her and me,as it was totally unexpeted i had no incubator,i was lucky to have a friend in town who has kindly taken them to incubate for me

Attachments

• 20131105_153118.jpg
    20131105_153118.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 179
Well done,always good to see eggs!

Congratulations!!!
I had the same situation today!
ybeta2y8.jpg

My only concern was it was on the heat mat. I left her to continue laying but when I got home she had shifted the eggs to the floor infront of the panel. Hope the eggs will be ok.

Congratulations!!!
I had the same situation today!
ybeta2y8.jpg

My only concern was it was on the heat mat. I left her to continue laying but when I got home she had shifted the eggs to the floor infront of the panel. Hope the eggs will be ok.
OH CONGRATS!! Hopefully the eggs will be ok :D

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations!!
Thank You

I would like to say congratulations to both of you who have had eggs but really is it that much of a surprise that you kept two opposite sex , breeding age/size pythons together through breeding season and get eggs? Were you trying to breed them and thought they were unsuccessful or thought you separated them early enough not to breed?

I would like to say congratulations to both of you who have had eggs but really is it that much of a surprise that you kept two opposite sex , breeding age/size pythons together through breeding season and get eggs? Were you trying to breed them and thought they were unsuccessful or thought you separated them early enough not to breed?
thank you, I guess the reason it was a surprise for me was more that she showed no signs of being gravid,she didn't get fat i didn't notice her ovulate,and i never witnessed them lock (which in itself isn't really a surprise)

I have heard of people not really noticing eggs in Stimsons before, and of snakes being a bit secretive about locking on. Good luck with the eggs.

I placed these two pythons in the same enclosure for all of 30-45 minutes while I cleaned cages. That was the only time they have spent together. I guess the big fella was only a two minute man his first time. Hahaha.

Wow that was a quickie.

And that's why it surprised me as much as it did. Although he is a massive slug and hardly ever moves at all, I'm guessing she didn't really "ask" if it was ok.

Your not painting much of a picture of romance their .lol.

Thats maculosa for you. They get gravid looking at each other and though they dont bulk right up with eggs, they don't lose weight for not eating either. Another sign of being gravid is that they are very very reclusive when gravid. Great first timer snakes, for keeping and breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back